This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
The Berenstain Bears’ BIG Bedtime Book features six original bedtime stories from Mrs. Grizzle’s beloved collection.
The app includes:
- Little Red Grizzly Hood: A little cub visits her grandmother in the woods and encounters a very tricky wolf.
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff Meet the Bogg Brothers: Three goat brothers are determined to outsmart the hungry inhabitants under the bridge.
- The Three Little Cubs and the Big Bad Pig: The three little cubs see how their special houses, built from their favorite treats, fare against a very hungry pig.
- The Gingerbread Bear: Grandma and grandpa bear are in for a surprise when their freshly baked gingerbread bear hops right off the pan!
- Goldibear and the Three People: Goldibear strays too far outside the forest and encounters some terrifying creatures – people!
- The Little Red Hen: The little red hen enlists the help of the duck, the cat, and the pig to plant and harvest the wheat.
Our Take: Lately we have been reading The Berenstain Bears On The Moon before bed, my four-year-old is just fascinated with it. So when I had the chance to review the BIG Bedtime Book, I couldn’t wait to show him. We do have a lot of the Bears books but none of them that are in this app. His favorite is The Three Billy Goats Gruff because of the “hill folk” voices of the Bogg Brothers.
You can also read about my other Oceanhouse Media App Reviews: Polar Bear Horizon APP Review, Dr. Seuss: Oh Say Can You Say? App, Dr. Seuss App Reviews: If I Ran the Zoo & And To Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street and A Frog Thing App and Enchanted Tales: Treasure Island App Review.
With the app, there are three ways that you can enjoy this book:
- ”Read to Me” — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ”Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form
- “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!