This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I received an InstaWave Automatic Curler to try and I will admit I was a bit skeptical….I mean putting something that spins in your hair goes against everything you were taught as a child!
My hair is naturally wavy, mostly a frizzy wave so I like to straighten it every day. There are some days though that I like to go crazy and curl it. Before the InstaWave, I would use a larger barrel curling iron to get large loose curls. The downside was that it would leave the ends of my hair with those crimp lines where you could tell that your hair had been curled.
The InstaWave is quick to heat up, within about a minute depending on the high or low heat setting, it does heat up to 420 degrees. The indicator light will turn blue when it is ready for use. The InstaWave is only available in a 1-inch barrel, I would like to see a larger barrel or larger looser curls. It is super easy to use too, after my first use I knew I had nothing to worry about sticking a spinning iron in my hair! It did take a few times in remembering which way to push the button to spin the iron though. Once I curled all the sections of my hair, I ran a pick through it to separate the waves and give it bounce. I love love love the way it curls my hair and gives me a bit of height and bounce! I am so glad I received the InstaWave, I would never have believed it worked otherwise. Not only is it easy to use but no more unsightly crimps and my waves seem natural.
How To Use the InstaWave:
- Hold InstaWave vertically- Simply place section of hair on the InstaWave curling rod
- Touch the Curl Dial either left or right, and the InstaWave instantly and automatically catches and curls the hair
- Hold for 5-10 seconds, hold longer for tighter curls and less for beachy waves
- Pull the InstaWave down vertically, letting hair out
- Fully automatic, tangle-free curler
- Innovative design lets you curl from any position using either hand
- Curl Dial makes it simple to switch between left and right curl directions
- Ceramic Ionic Technology protects hair for healthy, shiny results
- Two heat settings with maximum temperature of 420° F
- Auto shutoff after 90 minutes for added safety