This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Sub-zero heroes Manny, Diego, and Sid embark upon a high-seas adventure after their continent is set adrift. Using an iceberg as a ship, they encounter sea creatures and battle pirates as they try to reunite with their herd. In the wake of these upheavals, Sid reunites with his cantankerous Granny, and the herd encounters a ragtag menagerie of seafaring pirates determined to stop them from returning home.
In Ice Age Continental Drift, Manny and Peaches butt heads as Manny becomes over-protective of his daughter. In this feature, we will offer some tips on how dads and daughters can spend some time together and help create a stronger bond between the two, including going to the movies, camping or creating a DIY project for mom.
Here are a few fun ideas to get that quality Daddy & Child Time this Holiday Season:
Go to the Movies
- The movies are a fun outing for any day of the week. Choose a new movie that interests you both, or check out a theater that plays classic family favorites. Depending on the time of the movie, you can go to lunch, dinner, or dessert afterwards to talk about your favorite characters.
- Camping is a great way to take a break from everyday distractions like texting and Facebook and enjoy the great outdoors instead. It provides the perfect opportunity to teach your daughter how to pitch a tent and start a fire. Many campgrounds also offer great hiking trails and rentals of canoes and paddleboats if near a lake.
- Everyone has a creative side and a DIY project is perfect for showing it off. You can try a large project such as sprucing up an older piece of furniture. Or maybe try a smaller project such as a plant holder for the back patio. Whatever you choose, make sure mom approves and consider all safety precautions.
Day Trip to the Zoo
- Even though the chances of seeing a wooly mammoth are slim, the zoo is a perfect place to take your daughter for quality bonding time. You can walk around in search of your favorite animals or take a guided tour to learn new and interesting facts. Make sure you bring a camera along so you and your daughter can take plenty of photos with the monkeys!
Shopping… Dad’s Don’t Be Scared
- A great way to bond with your daughter is to let her roam in her natural habitat… the mall of course! In order to keep things from getting out of hand, make the time about picking out the perfect gift for mom or another relative. And to balance it out, you can bring your daughter along the next time you are shopping for the latest gadget or sporting equipment.