This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I have always been a sucker for Christmas shows; I love all the shows that run all December long. I like snuggling up with my little one with some snacks and watching all these feel-good shows. Pretty soon, he’ll be “too old” to want to watch these with his mom, so I’ll take what I can get now. Scholastic and New Kideo have come out with their latest Holiday DVD, sure to become one of your favorites.
Ready for this season’s holiday family viewing, Merry Christmas, Splat… and More Winter Stories arrives from the nationally acclaimed, multi-award-winning SCHOLASTIC STORYBOOK TREASURES series, which brings best-selling children’s storybooks to life and promotes a love of literature. With faithful adaptations and celebrity narrations, this critically acclaimed DVD series has won hundreds of awards and sold more than 2.5 million videos.
The DVD is packed with endearing, colorfully animated, and expertly narrated tales:
- Merry Christmas, Splat (written and illustrated by Rob Scotton, narrated by John Keating): Splat is trying hard to be good before Santa’s arrival so he can get all the presents he’s dreamed of on Christmas day!
- Fletcher and the Snowflake Christmas (written by Julia Rawlinson, illustrated by Tiphanie Beeke, narrated by Katherine Kellgren): It’s Christmas Eve, and Fletcher wonders how Santa will find his burrow through all the snow.
- Snowflake Bentley (written by Jacqueline Briggs Martin, illustrated by Mary Azarian, narrated by Sean Astin): Willie Bentley loved and learned all about snowflakes.
- Owl Moon (written and narrated by Jane Yolen, illustrated by John Schoenherr): A girl and her father search the moonlit woods for the Great Horned Owl in this carefully animated adaptation of a classic children’s picture book
- Read-Along Function
- Behind-the-scenes look at creating the animation for Fletcher