This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Rachelle Weisberger is the author of BIBLICAL BEAUTY: Ancient Secrets and Modern Solutions. A book that seamlessly integrates biblical, historical and cultural perspectives with practical advice and specific tips on a variety of subjects, it offers enlightening guidance on skin care, sun care, makeup, haircare, fragrance, jewelry, healthy aging, motherhood, and leadership.
An informative and entertaining book also presents the women of the Hebrew Bible—Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, Leah, Miriam, Rahab, Deborah, Bathsheba, and Esther as well as Judith of the Apocrypha. Their personalities and lives serve as springboards to timely topics for your life right now.
More than a practical manual of self-beautification, Biblical Beauty also explores the inner qualities of several of these women through their compelling life stories. As role models, they become an inspiring compass to create a meaningful and satisfying life.
During my interview with Rachelle Weisberger author of BIBLICAL BEAUTY, I had the chance to ask Rachelle some questions about her book, her career, and on beauty!
1 – How did you get started in the “Beauty World”?
- Through a friend, I was fortunate to meet a celebrity makeup artist who took me under his wing. I am an artist so making the transition from painting canvases to painting faces was a no-brainer. I became a licensed cosmetologist specializing in makeup artistry, and I eventually created my own line of holistic skincare and makeup products. My expertise expanded to the medical field, specializing in camouflage makeup, and also helping many women with problem skin and the unattractive side effects of cosmetic surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. As a former director for a chain of spas, I supervised an integrated skincare, health, and fitness program.
2 – What have you enjoyed the most: creating your cosmetic line, working as a cosmetologist in plastic surgery, being a beauty director in a line of fitness centers, or writing?
- While I enjoyed all my pursuits, I received the greatest satisfaction from teaching women of all ages ways to improve their appearance and gain greater self-confidence.
3 – Why or what prompted you to want to write Biblical Beauty?
- These days, women are often driven to extreme and expensive measures to keep their skin smooth and their bodies taut. I wrote BIBLICAL BEAUTY to help women find new ways to define beauty, health, aging, womanhood, and spirituality—a synthesis of ancient practices and modern solutions. I felt it was time to filter out the cultural noise—from beauty magazines, celebrity makeup endorsers, and internet sites—that can make us feel inferior and very old! My purpose in writing this book was to present a practical guide and resource so that women can feel pride in their physical appearance and find satisfaction in their lives at every age.
4 – Tell us a bit about Biblical Beauty and how we can relate to today’s world.
- Biblical beauty provides an alternative to our modern-day worship of youthfulness and physical perfection. It introduces practical concepts for enhancing a women’s natural attributes, for maintaining physical well-being and for finding a path to personal fulfillment by exploring the inner qualities that define use as women. Biblical Beauty is a reflection of our innermost qualities and the gift of a healthy way of life. A nutritious diet, daily physical activity, loving relationships, meaningful lives and a connection with the Divine can be seamlessly blended to nourish the body and soul
5 – What beauty tips can you offer someone in: their 20’s, 30″s, 40’s and 50’s?
- Be happy, give thanks, and always wear sunscreen!