This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I have three boys, all of which have evening activities, so you know how hectic that can be! We try to have a meal as a family but some nights we just can’t all get to the table together. So I like to have a few frozen meals on hand for when this happens. We are not big on frozen meals, let’s face it, they just don’t taste all that good. But there are those occasions when making a frozen meal is convenient. Since I have been off of Nutrisystem, I have been purchasing the Healthy Choice Frozen Meals. My favorite go to meal is the Beef Merlot Cafe Steamer. The beef and veggies are separate from the sauce and they steam separate so the veggies do not get all soggy and they just end up tasting better. Plus this meal is only 220 calories so I can add a side salad and I will still stay around my calorie intake.
The second meal I tried, this one for the first time, was the Asian Inspired Cafe Steamer Beef Teriyaki. This tasted good, not as good as the Beef Merlot though, I could have dome without the water chestnuts. With 29 different varieties, you are sure to find something you like.
Meal Descriptions of the two Healthy Choice Café Steamers I picked out:
- Beef Merlot: Tender cuts of beef and rosemary red potatoes tossed with a merlot wine sauce.
- Beef Teriyaki: Generous chunks of hearty beef mixed with whole-grain brown rice, carrots, crisp broccoli, and water chestnuts.
Healthy Choice just came out with 5 100% Natural Cafe Steamers. The 100% Naturals Café Steamers use tray-in-tray technology that separates the ingredients while cooking – so the vegetables are crisper and the pasta is al dente.
- Portabella Marsala Pasta: Freshly made whole wheat pasta and rich crimini mushrooms, tossed with a savory Marsala wine sauce and topped with rich fontina cheese.
- Pumpkin Squash Ravioli: Tender pumpkin-stuffed ravioli with crisp green beans, sweet butternut squash, and juicy Granny Smith apples, topped with a tasty butter-sage sauce.
- Tortellini Primavera Pasta: Four-cheese-stuffed tortellini featuring whole-grain pasta, julienne carrots, and red pepper strips and now includes more tortellini and sauce.
- Asian Potstickers: Vegetarian dish served on a bed of rice and covered with a sweet Asian-style sauce. We’ve also added more potstickers and sauce, while making it less spicy, per consumer feedback.
- Portabella Spinach Parmesan: Freshly-made whole wheat pasta, and now featuring even more baby portabella mushrooms, red peppers, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Visit the Healthy Choice Website
Disclosure: I am participating in a Vibrant Influencer Network Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers campaign. I have been provided with free products and remuneration in exchange for my honest opinions about the products. All opinions are my own and were not influenced, nor reviewed, by Healthy Choice prior to posting.