This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Are you ready for a brand new Disney Store in Cincinnati at the Kenwood Towne Center (the only Disney Store in Ohio!)? The new Disney Store offers a one-of-a-kind, interactive and magical experience for Disney fans of all ages. Disney Store’s new design concept aims to deliver “the best 30 minutes of a child’s day” through immersive experiences including a Disney Princess with Magic Mirror, Translucent Trees, Disney/Pixar CARS-branded Ridemakerz experience and the Disney Store Theatre featuring the latest Disney entertainment.
Some features of the new Cincinnati Disney Store:
- The opening of Disney Store at Kenwood Towne Center is one of over 40 newly-designed Disney Stores opening in North America in 2011.
- The 4,718 square foot store is more than a retail store. Disney Store is a destination that brings Disney stories to life.
- Disney Store at Kenwood Towne Center has a unique skyline featuring local Cincinnati landmarks integrated with Disney classic Disney characters: Aladdin and Jasmine can be spotted in the gazebo at Mirror Lake in the beautiful and popular Eden Park.
Mirror Lake is also home to the Balluminaria ‘balloon glow’ event where hot air balloons are staged around the edge of the Lake. Carl (Up), flies by to see these beautiful glowing balloons in his own makeshift helium balloon airship.
- Nearby in the park, Flynn Rider scales a local landmark, a 172-foot high water tower built-in 1894.
- Belle and Beast take a stroll by the fountain in front of the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal.
- Catch a glimpse of Cinderella’s Coach racing across the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge. This historic landmark has been a symbol of the city since 1866 and was at that time the world’s longest suspension bridge.
- In honor of Cincinnati, Disney’s famed Mark Twain Riverboat cruises down the Ohio River, complete with a live jazz performance by Scat Cat and his Band (The Aristocats)
- Characters catch carriage rides near the Tyler Davidson Fountain, the centerpiece of Fountain Square.
I wanted to share with you all the great pictures from the New Disney Store in the Kenwood Mall. I got there around 11:30 and there was a wait, I would say 50 people or so! But I was able to get in right away. What a neat store, If you thought the Disney Store that was at the mall was playful before, you need to see this! I loved the Imagination Explosion where the trees lit up with all the Disney characters. I also liked to see the mural with the Cincinnati landmarks. That was a very nice touch. There were so many things to look at and play with. In the back of the store by the checkout is a kids area where they can color and watch movies on a huge screen. I will definitely head back when it less crowded.
Saturday, September 10 – Soft Opening
10:00 am: Opening Ceremony
12:00 – 4:00 pm: Meet Mickey Mouse and Goofy in Nordstrom Court. The first 500 guests will receive a Free Gift.
The Key to the Store!
I couldn’t escape without my little one getting some Captain America apparel and toys!
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The store is very grandiose. It is divided into sections for different characters and genders. There is a definite boys side of the store and a girls side.
A Princess walkthrough tunnel that leads to a Magic Mirror and a purple chandelier illuminating the area.