This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Five Little Monkeys Collection #1 features five adventures of five clumsy but well-intentioned little monkeys who don’t always get things exactly right, but always have a good time!
We have read the Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the bed book several times, we can even recite it without the book! All of the books in this collection are very cute. These mischievous monkeys always make for a good laugh. I like the read to me feature for my little one, that way he can follow along when the words are being read. His favorite in this collection is the birthday cake story.
• Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed is a charming bedtime story sure to send children giggling off to bed . . . hopefully without any clever new ideas.
• Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake finds the monkeys cooking up a special surprise in the kitchen. But in the end, they’re the ones who get the big surprise.
• Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car proves that with determination, teamwork, and a little bit of luck, nearly any task is possible.
• Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree teaches the monkeys a lesson in teasing (and hiding) when Mr. Crocodile SNAPS at them with his sharp teeth.
• Five Little Monkeys With Nothing to Do follows the monkeys as they enthusiastically scrub the house for Grandma Beesie’s visit. But amid the excitement, a few things get overlooked.
You can also read about my other Oceanhouse Media App Reviews: Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur? APP, Dr. Seuss: Oh Say Can You Say? App, The Berenstain Bears’ BIG Bedtime Book and Dr. Seuss App Reviews: If I Ran the Zoo & And To Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street.
With this app, there are two ways that you can enjoy this book:
- ”Read to Me” — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ”Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form
- “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to the products or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.