This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
In Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange 2, the Multiverse of Madness,” the MCU unlocks the Multiverse and pushes its boundaries further than ever before.
In “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” Doctor Strange’s new adventure begins when he meets America Chavez, a unique teenager who can open doorways from one universe to the other. After he saves her from a monstrous creature called Gargantos, it is soon revealed that Gargantos is one of many forms assumed by a demon who has been pursuing America across the Multiverse to take her power and use it for its own gains. With the monster defeated, Doctor Strange and Supreme Sorcerer Wong know they don’t have much time before another demon returns. Having sworn an oath to protect the barriers between the universes, the care of America now falls to them. Still, they cannot protect her on their own, so Doctor Strange recruits fellow Avenger Wanda Maximoff to help. What follows is a wild, mind-blowing adventure that sends Doctor Strange and his allies on a dangerous journey to alternate universes in the Multiverse, where he meets versions of his friends, his enemies, and even himself and comes face-to-face with a foe whose powers have never been encountered.
The Multiverse Awaits…
When fans watch Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” they should grab their seats! They are about to begin a mind-blowing, universe-hopping thrill ride filled with beyond-belief visual spectacle and amazing never-before-seen action… with no lack of scares.
Benedict Cumberbatch says that the clips people have already seen in the trailer spots are “just exquisite” and speak to the overall look and feel of the film and its extraordinary visual effects. “You’ve got travels through many different universes in a couple of sequences, which I think are going to be mind-blowing,” he adds. “The stakes are real. There’s earthbound jeopardy. So, it molds together very beautifully.”
But director Sam Raimi addresses the one thing that keeps people coming back to the Marvel Cinematic Universe: “Marvel Cinematic Universe fans are interested in the characters. Who are they? What could they have become? Did they make the right choices? Even in ‘Avengers: Endgame,’ choices were made that some of the characters in our movie regret. They see the repercussions of that in this film, which is interesting. The continuance of Marvel Studios stories can be so rich, and we’re able to explore it in ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.'”
Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is now available on all major digital platforms and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on July 26, 2022. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will also stream on Disney+.
- Method to the Madness – Join various crew members and Marvel employees in interviews as they discuss their love of Sam Raimi and all the details of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that makes it quintessentially Raimi.
- Introducing America Chavez – In this short and fun profile piece, we’ll learn about America’s humble beginnings in the comics. We’ll meet Xochitl Gomez and discuss the complications her character’s unique power presents for the future of the MCU.
- Constructing the Multiverse – Writing a feature film for Marvel is no easy task. In this playful yet informative featurette, we’ll dive into the challenges that writer Michael Waldron faced in creating Doctor Strange’s twisting and turning story in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange 2 in the Multiverse of Madness.
- A Great Team – A journalist questions Doctor Strange’s integrity.
- Pizza Poppa – Bruce is relieved when Doctor Strange’s spell ends.
- It’s Not Permanent – Bruce tries to accuse Doctor Strange of being an imposter.
- View the film with audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron.
Stay Connected: #DoctorStrange
DIGITAL CODE GIVEAWAY
Three winners will receive Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Digital code ($19.99). Open to U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States. You must be 18 years old to enter to win. This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on 7.4.22. See below for terms and conditions.
All entries will be verified—only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. Any person who has won a prize (or whose household has won a prize) in any promotion sponsored by the Sponsor in the past thirty (30) days before this contest start date is not eligible to win a prize in this contest. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Entrants who have created social accounts purely to enter Competitions or Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win. All social accounts used must be public.
The winner will be chosen randomly through Sweep Widget and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited by law. One person entering per household, please. The Review Wire and other bloggers involved are not responsible for the shipment of the prize.