This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Uncle John’s Smell-O-Scopic Bathroom Reader for Kids Only!
Short on time? The sections in this book are divided into lengths: short a quick read, medium up to two pages and long up to five pages. Filled with quick facts, stories, antidotes and most importantly…for KIDS ONLY!
If you have never heard of the Uncle John Bathroom Reader Series, then you are in for a treat. My kids have several of these books and they are not only fun but informative. You can keep these laying around to flip through and your kids (or you yourself) might pick up a few interesting facts. Both of my sons enjoyed looking at this book. It a great book to keep kids who don’t really like to read engaged because the stories are short and it covers many topics to keep them wanting more.
Uncle John gathered together the best trivia writers he could find and charged them with the task of combing the worlds of science, history, sports, politics, and pop culture to compile dozens of interesting articles that could be absorbed in just a few minutes.“Every article must be simple to read,” he told us, “and every page must either have an amazing fact or a good laugh—or both.”
A few Stats from the Book:
- Do astronauts lose their sense of smell in space? Page 11
- In average your brain thinks 70,000 thoughts a day. Page 24
- Want to eat like a zombie? Learn how to make Scrambled Brains. Page 25
- Why don’t birds get shocked when they sit on the wire? Page 27
- It is against the law to leave home in Thailand without wearing underwear. Page 79
- In 2011 the U.S. Marine Corps placed a $2 million order for Ballistic Boxers. Page 111
- Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader’s are available on Amazon
I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Smell-O-Scopic Bathroom Reader Review or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.