This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”, a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. “Monsters University” bravely explores themes of self-discovery and the revelations that come with growing up.
THE ULTIMATE MONSTERS UNIVERSITY QUIZ
Calling all Pixar fans! Want to put your Monsters University knowledge to the test? Head to film class with this ULTIMATE quiz on the animated movie to see if you’ve got what it takes to call yourself a master at monster mayhem…
SECTION ONE: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE…
This section includes random questions on the monster-packed movie…
What is the name of Mike’s elementary school?
Who is the last monster off the school bus at the start of the movie?
What is the name of Mike Wazowski’s carpooling cousin?
Susan is the name of Mike’s schoolteacher. True or false?
What’s the first item on Mike’s university list?
How many suitcases does Mike take to university?
What is the name of the student who leads the orientation tour around the Monsters University campus?
Which school is the ‘crowning jewel’ of Monsters University?
Which council sponsors the annual Scare Games?
What is the number of Mike’s dorm room?
What is the color of Randall Boggs’ glasses?
How many eyes does Mike’s teddy bear have?
What is the color of Mike’s MU baseball cap?
What is the name of the professor who teaches the Scaring 101 class?
What does Sulley borrow in his first-class at Monsters University?
What is the name of the rival school to Monsters University?
Johnny Worthington is the president of which fraternity?
What is the name of the scare pig in the movie?
Which spooky character was the founder of the Scare Games?
How many eyes does Squishy have?
What is the first challenge in the Scare Games?
How many scare cards does Sulley own?
Sulley owns more scare cards than Mike. True or false?
At which number house do the Oozma Kappa gang live?
In which department of Monsters, Inc. do we see the Abominable Snowman at the end of the movie?
SECTION TWO: THE CAST AND CREW…
How well do you know the characters, cast, and crew of Monsters University? Find out by answering these tricky teasers…
What is the name of the movie’s director?
John Goodman is the voice of Mike Wazowski. True or false?
What is Dean Hardscrabble’s first name?
A rock band named Mastodon created music for the movie. True or false?
Which Hollywood actor voices Art in the movie?
SECTION THREE: SAY WHAT?
Mike Wazowski, James P. Sullivan (Sulley), Squishy, Don Carlton and Dean Hardscrabble each said one of the quotes below in the movie. Can you match up the quote to the correct character?
“Careful, he’s a biter!”
“Scariness is the true measure of a monster!”
“Your hands are as big as my face!”
“How do I become a Scarer?”
“Son of a mustache!”
- Answers: See the bottom of the post for the answer sheet!
High-Definition & Standard Definition Digital
- Bonus offerings vary per select digital retailers
- Campus Life – What’s it like being on a production crew at Pixar? Get a look at a day in the life of the “Monsters University” crew through their own eyes.
- Story School – This documentary examines the challenges of creating a prequel as well as themes that run through the story, and the change in focus from Sulley to Mike. We’ll also look at how gags are developed – from writing jokes to brainstorming a million ideas, only 5% of which actually end up in the movie.
- Scare Games – At Pixar, we play hard while we work. The same people who keep the film production moving – producers, managers, coordinators, and artists – are also the ones who bring spirit and excitement to some of our extracurricular activities. We check out the MU production teams as they go head to head in the mostly playful Pixar Scare Games competitions.
- Welcome to MU – Sets aren’t just buildings, they are the worlds our characters live in and explore. This look at the Monsters University campus and its development is told from the perspective of the artists who created each piece of the campus from the architecture to the ivy leaves.
- Music Appreciation – Randy Newman’s scores are a mainstay of Pixar films, and this documentary will give you a privileged look at his creative process. We follow the “Monsters University” scoring process from spotting to writing and on to the scoring session. including special college-themed recording sessions.
- Scare Tactics – Animators are actors who digitally bring the characters to life. In this look at how the MU animation team worked, you’ll see their process of how they channeled their own monster-selves and created moments on screen that were really funny, really scary and also really serious, sometimes all at the same time.
- Color and Light – How can a single painting set the tone for an entire scene? We’ll look at the creation of the color scripts and how they were realized technically in the final film. Along with the process, this piece explores the many layers of technical innovation required to produce such a naturalistic feel.
- Paths to Pixar – MU Edition – When one door closes, sometimes another door opens – one with an even more exciting opportunity behind it. Members of the MU crew tell their own compelling backstories and share the challenges they overcame along their paths to Pixar.
- Furry Monsters: A Technical Retrospective – Explore the difficulties in creating characters that are 20 years younger with tools that are 10 years more advanced in this contrasting look at the differing technical challenges that arose when making “Monsters, Inc.,” and “Monsters University.”
- Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes – “Rivalry,” “Recon,” “Movie Night,” and “Drama Class” – are highlighted with an introduction from director Dan Scanlon.
- “The Blue Umbrella” – This animated short film from Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Saschka Unseld and produced by Marc Greenberg, played in theaters in front of “Monsters University.” “The Blue Umbrella,” tells the story of an evening commute in which the rain starts to fall and the city comes alive to the sound of dripping rain pipes, whistling awnings, and gurgling gutters. And in the midst, two umbrellas—one blue, one not—fall eternally in love.
- Additional Bonus Features – Audio Commentary, Promo Picks, College Campaign, Theatrical Campaign, Set Flythroughs, Art Gallery and more!
- “Like” MONSTERS UNIVERSITY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
- “Follow” Disney/Pixar on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Pixar
- Visit the website: http://www.Disney.com/MonstersU
SECTION ONE: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE…
QUESTION ONE: Frighton Elementary School
QUESTION TWO: Mike Wazowski
QUESTION THREE: Russell
QUESTION FOUR: False. It’s Karen
QUESTION FIVE: ‘Get registered’
QUESTION SIX: Two (and a backpack!)
QUESTION SEVEN: Faye
QUESTION EIGHT: The Scare School
QUESTION NINE: The Greek Council
QUESTION TEN: 319
QUESTION ELEVEN: Purple
QUESTION TWELVE: One
QUESTION THIRTEEN: Blue
QUESTION FOURTEEN: Professor Knight
QUESTION FIFTEEN: A pencil
QUESTION SIXTEEN: Fear Tech
QUESTION SEVENTEEN: Roar Omega Roar
QUESTION EIGHTEEN: Archie
QUESTION NINETEEN: Dean Hardscrabble
QUESTION TWENTY: Five
QUESTION TWENTY-ONE: The Toxicity Challenge
QUESTION TWENTY-TWO: 450
QUESTION TWENTY-THREE: False. Mike owns thousands!
QUESTION TWENTY-FOUR: 1419
QUESTION TWENTY-FIVE: The mailroom
SECTION TWO: THE CAST AND CREW…
QUESTION ONE: Dan Scanlon
QUESTION TWO: False. John Goodman is the voice of Sulley.
QUESTION THREE: Abigail
QUESTION FOUR: True
QUESTION FIVE: Charlie Day
SECTION THREE: SAY WHAT?
QUOTE ONE: Sulley
QUOTE TWO: Dean Hardscrabble.
QUOTE THREE: Squishy
QUOTE FOUR: Mike Wazowski
QUOTE FIVE: Don Carlton
HOW DID YOU DO?
If you correctly answered 0-11 questions…
Oh dear… You’re not the most sharp-eyed viewer of Monsters University – but don’t let that put you off. Why don’t you watch the Blu-ray a few more times and take the test again? We’re sure you’ll beat your old score with ease next time.
If you correctly answered 12-23 questions…
Nice work, buddy! You certainly know a lot about Mike, Sulley and their monster mates – but if you want to call yourself a true Pixar genius, you’ll have to do a little more research and try again. Good luck…
If you correctly answered 24-35 questions…
Congratulations, genius! Your monster movie knowledge has propelled you to the top of the class. Woo-hoo! Why not reward yourself with a viewing of your favorite film. What’s that? Monsters University, of course!
Let us know how you did…leave your score in the comments!
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Monsters U or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company. I am not responsible for shipment of the prize.