This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
The Trip – Little Critter Reading Adventure
Based on Mercer Mayer’s classic book of the same name and featuring his original artwork, The Trip – Little Critter Reading Adventure invites children to travel along with Little Critter and his family on an action-packed road trip.
You are given two options: Reading Adventure, where you can play, and Just Read where you can just read the story without any distractions.
This interactive game is so much fun! My son has so many things to do. Take a trip with the Critters to Lake Wacatooke. You can choose which route The Critters will take, play games along the way, see the interactive map of the route, tap the blue dots for movements and sounds, collect flashcards, and help navigate around obstacles that come up along the way.
- o Imparts early reading skills and decoding of simple word patterns through creative gameplay, such as solving puzzles, matching words with objects, and completing patterns.
- o Pop-up activities unlock collectible gems—collect all six to play a fun arcade-style game.
- o Alphabet flashcards are hidden on every screen teach and reinforce all letters and can be accessed any time for word repetition.
- o Builds critical problem-solving skills through inventory collection and selection of items needed to advance through the app.
- o Navigational component lets kids choose which direction the Critters will go.
- o Text highlighting, visual interactive item clues with professional audio narration, and dramatization keep younger readers engaged with the story.
- o Kids learn positive messages about family values of love, compassion, empathy, caring, and sharing.
The Trip Little Critter GamePak
The Trip – Little Critter GamePak, an extension of the reading adventure app, which includes over 50 fun and engaging activities featuring Little Critter. Divided into two sections, Gamepak and Digistix, The GamePak includes five game themes including Dot-to-Dot, Mazes, Matching Pictures and Words, and How Many?
The Digistix section, features over 175 digital stickers across five game themes, inspiring the imagination and fostering creativity. In two special beach and camp activities, Digistix stickers that are tapped, dragged, and dropped into the scenes react differently depending on where they are placed, enabling kids to move and change the scenes to create a new adventure every time.
I can’t tell you how much my five-year-old loves these apps, they are well worth the money! Not only is he learning as he plays he is having fun in the process.
Silver Dolphin Books is celebrating the release of the apps by launching its YEAR OF FUN CONTEST!
Enter Silver Dolphin Books’ YEAR OF FUN contest at the Silver Dolphin Books Facebook page, and enter to win FREE kids apps and books for an entire year! Starting April 1, every week for four weeks, one lucky winner will win every kids app that Silver Dolphin Books’ launches in 2013. Each winner will also get to select one FREE book for every month in 2013 from the Silver Dolphin Books new releases collection.
- Visit SilverDolphinBooks.com