This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Get your lightsabers and LEGO bricks ready because your favorite characters are back in the brand new LEGO Star Wars special, LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out. My son loves Lego Star Wars, but then again what kid doesn’t! He was so excited when the Easter Bunny left him Star Wars Legos instead of chocolate in his basket. This video even comes with an exclusive Darth Vader Minifigure.
Your favorite characters are back to save the galaxy in LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out. The heroes of the Rebel Alliance including heroic Luke Skywalker, swaggering Han Solo, and steadfast Princess Leia have no time to celebrate their victory over the Empire as a new Imperial threat arises. But as Jedi-in training Luke embarks on this next mission, he discovers that his celebrity status as a “Death-Star-Blower-Upper” can be a double-edged lightsaber when he’s constantly mobbed by crazed fans. So much for secret missions! Meanwhile, Darth Vader and Darth Maul are locked in a hilarious “Sith-ling” rivalry as they compete for the Emperor’s approval. It’s an action-packed comic adventure that’s out of this world!
Catch up on what’s happening in the galactic LEGO Empire with these tidbits about Lego Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out with a fun catch-up on its predecessor, The Padawan Menace.
WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR IN THE EMPIRE STRIKES OUT:
On top of all the old Star Wars characters making their debuts as LEGO characters, you will also see more references to the franchise films than ever before, so keep your eyes peeled Star Wars fans.
- Luke has just destroyed the Death Star, but can he get away from his adoring fans in time to complete his next mission?
- Much to Vader’s annoyance we see the return of Darth Maul, the painted warrior from The Phantom Menace.
- That’s right people; he is here in LEGO form. The ultimate Sith warrior struggles to adapt when Darth Maul returns to steal his thunder.
A New Death Star
- The Emperor decides to build a new Death Star after Luke destroys of the first one. But whom will he choose to oversee the construction?
That Scene with Luke and Vader
- Oh yes! That scene is now in LEGO format, but will Vader be able to get those famous words out in time?
- The Sith Lord is back and now has two Darths to look after, but which one is his favorite: Darth Vadar or Darth Maul?
- Princess of the republic, sister of Luke (though he doesn’t know yet… does he?), and Hans’ love interest is just as feisty in her new LEGO form.
The Millennium Falcon
- The Millennium Falcon is here! If this doesn’t excite you then maybe you need to be reminded, “It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs.”
- Chewbacca may not be quite as hairy but he’s here and as grumpy as ever. Luckily for C-3PO he’s also lost none of his driving skills.
CATCH UP ON PADAWAN MENACE:
For those LEGO Star Wars newcomers, or simply the forgetful fans out there, here is a quick fire catch up on the events of the first LEGO Star Wars adventure:
The younglings go on fieldtrip
They meet an orphan called Ian
Ventress steals battle plans from the Republic
Ian causes trouble and the younglings have to flee
Yoda and Cody go after Ventress
C-3PO, R2-D2 and the younglings end up on Tattooine
The group are captured and sent to Jabba-the-Hutt
Yoda and Cody capture Ventress
The younglings escape from Jabba-the-Hutt
The younglings are rewarded for bravery
Ian is revealed as Hans Solo
I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to LEGO STAR WARS: The Empire Strikes Out or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.