This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Dena and I have been affected by Breast Cancer in our own family. Back in 1999 Dena’s Mother, Judy, underwent radiation in her left breast and went through the battle in secret. It wasn’t until the end of her radiation that her children were told about the cancer. We want anyone who has an illness to know that you don’t have to go through it alone. Your friends and family will amaze you at how much they want to help in a time of need. That’s what is great about our country. Individuals step up in the time of need.
Most recently Dena’s Aunt Barb (Judy’s sister) underwent a biopsy and found out that she, in fact, had a small amount of cancer in her breast. The cancer was removed and she’s following up with her doctor every 3 months to make sure that it doesn’t come back.
By staying on top of your medical history, doing routine self-check breast exams and yearly mammograms you are going to come out ahead! If you don’t know your families medical history, now is the time to get it and share it with your siblings and children. The first of every month do a self-breast exam and in your birthday month go for a mammogram!
PinkTogether.com and General Mills have partnered up to bring consumers a way to raise $1 million to be donated to causes. There are several easy ways that you can help, here’s how:
- Visit PinkTogether.com to share your personal story and messages of hope and read about others´ personal journeys. To encourage personal connections, General Mills will donate $1 to the Komen organization for each Message of Hope that is sent to someone who has shared their story on PinkTogether.com (up to $25,000) during October. This is in addition to a $2 million donation General Mills is making to the Komen organization.
- This year, for the first time in its five-year history, at PinkTogether.com consumers can choose how $1 million of this donation will be shared between two important Komen programs: the Treatment and Assistance Program, which assists women in securing care they otherwise may not be able to afford, and Prevention Research, which helps unlock the keys to preventing breast cancer. Visit PinkTogether.com from September 19, 2011 through April 14, 2012 to make your choice. Results will be announced on Mother´s Day 2012 – Sunday, May 13.
- Meet the 2011 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors, and hear their amazing stories of courage and survival on PinkTogether.com and the Pink Together YouTube Channel.
General Mills will also be turning the packaging of participating products pink in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED – WINNER JOLENE EH – I SENT YOU AN EMAIL! CONGRATS!!
- 1 winner will receive a Prize Pack that contains:
- A 16 oz. box of Total cereal
- VIP coupons valid for one box of Cheerios and Multigrain Cheerios cereal and one cup of Yoplait yogurt
- Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook Pink Together Edition, which includes a collection of more than 150 delicious recipes with complete nutrition information and a 32-page Pink Together Survivor Ambassador bonus section that shares inspirational personal stories of survival as well as recipes
- Water bottle and removable silicone awareness bracelet
- Drawstring sport backpack
- Rhinestone ear buds
To Enter: Visit PinkTogether.com and share a personal story or give a message of encouragement. Come back and leave a comment letting me know what your message said.
Thank You to My Blog Spark, General Mills and PinkTogether.com for this great giveaway!
This giveaway is open to US Residents until 9:00 pm Eastern on 10/18/2011. The winner will be chosen using the random.org generator. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email before a new winner is selected. Good luck and don’t forget to leave your email if it is not on your profile. I will contact the winner via email.
Disclosure: The Pink Together prize pack, information, and coupons have been provided free of charge by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.