In honor of its 30th anniversary, “The Little Mermaid,” dives into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection with all-new bonus features and a sing-along mode. The magical, musical tale of mermaid princess Ariel—along with loveable sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder, and the love-to-hate sea witch Ursula—is shore to make a splash with all generations when it comes home for the first time Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12, and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on Feb. 26.
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES:
*BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode–Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song–From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music ofAlan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all…“The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE”–Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office –Gadgets & Gizmos–Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some of the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold–Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features –revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker, and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” -A 30-Year Retrospective–Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features –Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
- Follow The Little Mermaid on Facebook
- Visit Disney Animation on Instagram
- Visit The Little Mermaid Website
- The Little Mermaid is Available at Walmart
12 Days of MOVIE NIGHT Giveaways
Little Mermaid Giveaway:CLOSED
WINNERS VICKI W & JUNE S
Two readers will each receive a Digital Download Code for The Little Mermaid ($20). See below for terms & conditions. Open to U.S. residents of the United States. You must be 18 years old to enter to win. This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on 2.22.19
All entries will be verified. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Entrants who have created social accounts purely for the purpose of entering Competitions or Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win. All social accounts used must be public.
The winner will be chosen randomly through Giveaway Tools and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited by law. One person entering per household, please. The Review Wire and Chatty Patty’s Place is not responsible for shipment of prize.