This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
THE BIBLE Miniseries is an epic 10-hour television series produced by Roma Downey (Touched By an Angel) and Mark Burnett (The Voice). My family started watching this together the first night it was on back in March, it was one that even the kids wanted to see. Before it had started, I had heard interviews on the radio about the show and the violence that it contained, it is rated PG for violence, intense images, peril and some brief sexuality. We started off with our five-year-old watching it with us which was a mistake. After that episode, we did not let him see any more. My other two boys, 9 and 13, enjoyed watching it and looked forward to watching it as a family each week. As soon as this arrived my nine-year-old started watching it again!
Roma Downey plays Mother Mary, Portuguese actor, Diogo Morgado plays Jesus Christ and Emmy-winner Keith David provides voice-overs throughout.
“Crave” by for KING & COUNTRY
Featuring hours of never before seen behind-the-scenes footage and making-of featurettes in a stunning HD. Breathtaking in scope and scale, THE BIBLE features powerful performances, exotic locales and dazzling visual effects that breathe spectacular life into the dramatic tales of faith and courage from Genesis through Revelation. This historic television event is sure to entertain and inspire millions across the globe.
The four-disc Blu-ray and DVD set dives deeper into the making of the series and features a behind-the-scenes look at how the groundbreaking docudrama came together. Interviews with producers, directors, and cast illustrate creative collaboration on-set and off and show how the remarkable Moroccan scenery was transformed into the world of the Bible.
Blu-ray and DVD audiences will be captivated by the special features, including:
● The Bible: Genesis – With Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as our guides, we discover how the team approached the daunting task of filming the stories of the Bible
● The Cast of The Bible – Highlighting the international cast, we join Mark and Roma on their search for the perfect actors to bring the characters from the Bible to life
● The Bible: Creation – An emotional three-part journey through the making of THE BIBLE
- ○ Creation I: The Vision, The Look – Discover the vision of producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett in this behind-the-scenes look at how THE BIBLE was created including the incredible team, beautiful location, high-quality production and superb costume design
- ○ Creation II: Production Stories – An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the challenges faced by the production – including the supernatural experiences with snakes on set – plus Diogo’s approach to portraying who he has called the most complex figure in human history
- ○ Creation III: Crucified & Resurrected – A deeper look into the emotional filming of the crucifixion, resurrection and the last days in Morocco
● Scoring The Bible – A rare look into the recording session for the soundtrack of THE BIBLE with genius composer Hans Zimmer and award-winning soloist Lisa Gerrard
● Believing in Miracles – The cast and crew relive the magical moments that happened while filming in the deserts of Morocco
● The Bible: Visual Effects – A montage of the striking visual effects that make THE BIBLE the most high-quality Biblical epic of all time
I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to The Bible Miniseries Review or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.