In this Veggie-version of a holiday classic, Junior Asparagus stars as The Little Drummer Boy, a lonely child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he stumbles upon the birth of the baby Jesus. A story of hope, love, and forgiveness, this timeless tale will warm the hearts of children everywhere! The DVD includes the new Silly Song “The 8 Polish Foods of Christmas”. It also features a new cut of the classic song “The Little Drummer Boy” by Dove and Grammy award winning artists Bebe and Cece Winans.
Other extra features on the DVD:
- Trailer for VeggieTales’ spring 2012 new release, Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men
- Little Drummer Boy music video
- Visit a drum factory with Junior
- Behind the music of The Little Drummer Bot
- Family Activity – Make your own drum
- Singalong songs
Our Take: My eight year old has always liked VeggieTales. His favorite song is the Pizza Angel from I believe, Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson’s Hairbrush:
“Pizza Angel, please come to me
Tomato sauce, and cheese so gooey
Pizza Angel, I’m on my knees
You’re my number one pie from Sicily!”
So he was excited when I received the new Little Drummer Boy DVD. VeggieTales is a wholesome show about the Bible that my kids can watch anytime. It reinforces values that are important for our family but in a fun way so they stay entertained while learning.
- Veggie Tales: Little Drummer Boy on Amazon or wherever DVDs are sold!
Features never-before released on CD songs from Amy Grant & Matthew West, Steven Curtis Chapman, and BeBe & CeCe Winans!
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Do You Hear What I Hear
- It’s About Love – featuring Wynonna Judd
- Can’t Smile Without Ewe
- Meant to Be – featuring Steven Curtis Chapman
- Silent Night
- What Child is This / The First Noel
- Give This Christmas Away – featuring Amy Grant & Matthew West
- Oh Holy Night
- Away In A Manger
- The Little Drummer Boy – featuring BeBe and CeCe Winans
Listen To A Sample of Music From O Holy Night
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to the products or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.