This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
On September 30, National Chewing Gum Day, treat yourself to brand new Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Gum made with four classic Jelly Belly flavors: Very Cherry, Watermelon, Island Punch, and Berry Blue.
In recognition of National Chewing Gum Day, Ford Gum – the makers of Jelly Belly Gum and creators of other iconic favorites including Big League Chew and Carousel gumball machines – are offering some sweet and sticky facts about the history of gum according to the National Day Calendar website:
- Chewing gum has been around for over 5,000 years. In 2007, a British archaeology student discovered a 5,000-year-old piece of chewing gum made from bark tar with tooth imprints, which was presumed to be the oldest piece of chewing gum.
- Many other cultures chewed gum made from the resin of the mastic tree, from plants, grasses, and other resins.
- In 1848, John B. Curtis developed and sold the first commercial chewing gum called “The State of Maine Pure Spruce Gum.”
- Around 1850, a gum made from paraffin wax was developed and surpassed the spruce gum in popularity.
- December 28, 1869, William Semple filed an early patent on chewing gum, patent number 98,304.
- Studies show chewing gum helps improve memory, reduce stress, and increase alertness.
- Chewing sugar-free gum improves overall oral hygiene while also helping to curb cravings and improving digestion.
Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Gum is available at Party City, Dollar General, and Speedway stores. You can also find Jelly Belly gum on Amazon!
Stay Connected: #jellybellygum and #ChewingGumDay
One winner will receive seven packs of each of the four different flavors of Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Gum – that’s 28 packs total (RV $42). See below for terms and conditions. Open to U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States. You must be 18 years old to enter to win. This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on 10.3.21.
All entries will be verified—only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Any person who has won a prize (or whose household has won a prize) in any promotion sponsored by the Sponsor in the past thirty (30) days before this contest start date is not eligible to win a prize in this contest. Entrants who have created social accounts purely to enter Competitions or Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win. All social accounts used must be public.
The winner will be chosen randomly through Giveaway Tools and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited by law. One person entering per household, please. The Review Wire is not responsible for the shipment of the prize.