This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
If you have kids, you know how hard it is to compete with electronics, sports, playdates, activities, and everything else you have going on over the summer. Getting my son to actually sit for a half an hour and read can sometimes be a challenge, even though he loves to read. His current obsession is the Guys Reads series by Jon Scieszka.
With summer break starting soon, I thought one great way to keep kids engaged with reading is with a book club. Monthly subscription boxes feature different themes and activities each month so your child will look forward to receiving their new box. I found ten different monthly book clubs for kids that range in age from birth to young adult, so there is a box for everyone!
Kids BookCase Club
Kids BookCase Club is a subscription service for young readers. Each case contains three books! Each of our BCC Kids cases comes with three handpicked children’s books, chosen to ignite the imagination and inspire creativity.
- Six subscription options: ranging from birth to age 12
- 3 New Hardcover Age Appropriate Books Each Month
- Durable Board Books for those Just Starting Out
- Extra Activity and Coloring Book for our Youngest Readers
Kids BookCase Club. $9.99+ a month
Choose a grade! Fill a survey! Get a box of new books, experiments, and activities! Each box is personalized to your child’s favorite subjects, interests/hobbies or can be tailored to any specific need. There’s also always tons of extra fun learning goodies!
- Brand new books, experiments, and activities
- 7-10 items each month
- Personalized to your child
- For each order, a book is donated towards children’s literacy
- FREE SHIPPING
A curated monthly book club for kids ages 0-10. Discover new titles to grow their love of reading! Recieve hidden gems your kids will LOVE so that you can build a home library of quality books stress-free! One of Parent Magazine’s Top 10 Subscription Services 2017!
- Each book is individually gift-wrapped (for added excitement!)
- Board Book (age 0-3), Picture Book (age 2-6) and Chapter Book (age 7-10) boxes
Bookroo. $19.99+ a month
Kid Curated Books
Based on your child’s age and interests, Kid Curated Books delivers four books sure to engage and delight your young reader. Each box will include a diverse array of empowering and inspiring stories.
- Children ages 0-4 will receive a variety of board and picture books
- Children ages 4-8 will receive a selection of picture and early chapter books
- Children ages 8-14 will receive an exciting selection of fun and challenging chapter books
Kid Curated Books. $34.99+ a month
STEM Reads Book Club
STEM Reads is a monthly book box that introduces children to different topics in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Products are hand-selected by a team with STEM degrees, guaranteeing the quality of each box.
- Each box includes: 2 STEM books, learning activities, and a related surprise
- Includes exclusive notes from the authors!
- Reading level may vary from book to book
- For ages 4 to 8
STEM Reads Book Club. $34.95 a month – this club is no longer available but you can check out these other STEM subscription boxes.
My Reluctant Reader
A specialty children’s book club delivering books uniquely chosen for your child. Ages 5-18. They work directly with you to establish an understanding of the types of books that will be a great fit for them to enjoy.
- Receive 2-3 great books each month
- Each book individually gift-wrapped
My Reluctant Reader. $19.95 a month – this box is no longer available but you can check out these other kids reading subscription boxes.
Once Upon a Book Club
Once Upon a Book Club is an interactive and unique monthly book subscription! Each month, they provide you with a newly-released book as well as curated and hand-wrapped goodies!
- Young Adult Box: For ages 14+, includes 1 YA fiction book, 3 to 5 wrapped gifts, a 5×7 quote print, discussion questions and read-a-long dates for live discussion, and gift opening with fellow readers
- All individually wrapped gifts are labeled with page numbers, not to be opened until that particular page
Once Upon a Book Club. $34.99 a month
YA monthly themed subscription box! Fantasy, Sci-fi and Contemporary Book genres! Each Enchanted Book Box has a different theme and includes one YA book along with 5-7 bookish items! Most of the items are handmade from Etsy or other small businesses on Instagram.
- New releases or within the last year releases
- 4-6 bookish items in every box
EnchantedBookBox. $35 a month – this box is no longer available but you can check out these other magical book subscription boxes.
Pop Reads Box
Pop Reads Box is a monthly subscription box for those who love young adult reads, Funko Pops, and two to three other bookish/popish goodies. Every month’s box will have a theme and the products included will revolve around the theme. Along with the new ya book, they do there best to include newly released Funko Pops.
- New young adult book
- New full-size Funko Pop
- 2 to 3 other bookish/popish goodies
Pop Reads Box. $27.99+ a month – this box is no longer available but you can check out these other young adult subscription boxes.
AnchorChest- Clean YA/Teen Book Subscription
The AnchorChest is a clean monthly young adult book subscription box with a Christian twist. Boxes are designed to bring passionate YA readers amazing stories that would earn a PG rating in the movie theater. Items in each box are carefully chosen to immerse readers in each story and to bring faith and fiction closer together.
- One clean or Christian young adult new release book
- 5-8 items that bring the story’s theme to life
- Each item is designed to bring faith and fiction to life
Want More? Check out our books for kids’ review posts.