Avokiddo Emotions – Playful learning for kids By Avokiddo E. Katsantonis & sia e.e.
Avokiddo Emotions app is a fun way for your kids to learning about emotions by dressing up, feeding, sharing toys and interacting with a crazy cast of characters.
To start you need to pick your character, there are three animal characters to choose from: zebra, sheep or a giraffe. FYI, the theme to the app is quite catchy…you will find yourself humming it when you least expect it! After picking a character, several objects fall from above like toys, everyday objects, foods, and items to dress up the animals. There are over 100 different objects to interact with. When you are finished with those objects or are in the mood for more, just pull the lever for a new set to appear. Some of the costumes even make the background change. When you put on the afro-wig, a disco background appears or sucking on the pacifier turns the screen into a nighttime background with a lullaby song and the animals go to sleep.
My son, who is six has played this game several times already. He thinks it fun to see what the animals will do and how they interact with the different objects. I think this is a fun app that will definitely keep the kids entertained.
- unlimited combinations of hats, glasses, and clothing to try on the animals make for hours of repeat play
- a wide variety of toys, musical instruments, food, and slurp-worthy drinks
- dozens of richly nuanced reactions and complex emotions expressed through body language
- lively music and authentic sound effects
- special accessories trigger themed backgrounds and laugh out loud movements
- language-neutral interface without the need for verbal or written directions
- encourage imagination and creative expression through unfettered opportunities for pretend play
- practice following directions and answering simple “Wh” questions related to the animals’ responses
- inspire curiosity as youngsters explore cause and effect relationships
- build language as parents help children put names to the many emotions and physical reactions displayed
- develop empathy by connecting the animals’ emotions both positive and negative to their causes
- make predictions based on how the animals will respond to various stimuli
- Visit the Avokiddo Website to see other apps