This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I have previously worked with VTech on a review for the InnoTab 3s. So this time, I sent the InnoTab Max to my sister for my darling little niece, Lily, to play with. Andrea and her husband put together this brief overview of the new InnoTab Max. “I like the larger screen size a 7-inch compared to the 5-inch on the InnoTab 3s, and the higher resolution, making the image crisper. This tablet is one that all three of my kids, ages 4 to 10, can easily use and play.”
Features of the new InnoTab Max:
- A library of over 650 educator-supported learning cartridges and carefully selected educational Android apps.
- 7″ multi-touch screen with high-resolution display and kid-safe Wi-Fi.
- VTech Kid Connect app: Exchange text and voice messages, photos, drawings, and fun stickers with smartphones.
- Adaptable design with a tough, kid-friendly cover that can be removed for a more grown-up feel. Plus, a huge library of expert-supported curricula, including an ever-expanding selection of hand-picked Android learning apps that are perfect for kids of all ages.
In addition to the InnoTab Max, she was also sent two of the cartridges for the kids to test out the system.
InnoTab Ultimate Spider-Man Learning Cartridge
After reviewing Ultimate Spider-Man for the Innotab, I found it was a really great game overall. It was very easy to maneuver around the different games; there is a good flow, and not a lot of back and forth to unlock levels. My children love science and enjoy watching Spidey take on his enemies and learning simultaneously. I also like that the cartridges are interchangeable with all the models. Reviewed by Andrea (Ages 4-7; MSRP: $24.99)
- Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is now the Ultimate Spider-Man in this title for VTech’s InnoTab Learning Tablets! Join him on this ultimate adventure as he takes on three of his greatest enemies.
- In Free Play Mode, kids can choose from one of nine fun learning games. In Adventure Mode, kids will play all nine games in order as they follow a central storyline. Navigate the city by swinging through the air or by riding the Spidey-Cycle through the streets.
- Games introduce spelling, animals, food groups, light reflection, weight and balance, materials, skip counting, logic, and more. Kids can also read the e-Book that tells the story of Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six.
InnoTab Doc McStuffins Create & Explore with Doc! Learning Cartridge
After reviewing Doc McStuffins School of Medicine for the Innotab, there are some great aspects to this game. My daughter loves playing instruments, sorting shapes, and designing clay toys. She also loves designing pictures of herself with the characters. There are many games to let kids be creative. On the other hand, I am not sure why they have so many levels to unlock for this game. This became frustrating for my 4-year-old since she couldn’t access several games. Overall, this is a good game but may confuse the little ones. I also like that the cartridges are interchangeable with all the models. Reviewed by Andrea (Ages 4-7; MSRP: $24.99)
- · Join Doc McStuffins and her toy friends as they decorate the backyard in Create & Explore with Doc for VTech’s InnoTab Learning Tablets!
- · Kids can decorate banners, create costumes and make clay models of favorite characters. They can also play different instruments in a band with Doc’s friends. Along the way help, Doc brings sick toys back to perfect health step by step. Open Doc’s Big Book of Boo-Boos to see each toy’s diagnosis and accompanying health tip.
- · Four learning games introduce health, creativity, music, patterns, reading, and more!