This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I have worked with Umi Shoes several times, and they never disappoint. Each season, they update their styles and offer cute shoes for both boys and girls.
Umi makes shoes for babies up to a size 9 shoes for bigger kids. They use soft, drum-dyed leathers and other non-toxic, environmentally friendly natural materials and test every design extensively for durability and safety.
Umi has several great features in all their shoes:
- Ankle and heel padding cradles the feet in comfort
- Spacious toe box allows for room to grow and won’t pinch toes
- Shoes are made from breathable natural materials to keep feet dry and healthy
- Crafted to cushion and protect feet where they need it and for flexibility everywhere else
- Ready to run straight out of the box. No break-in period is required!
This time, my son insisted on getting a pair called the Moabb B. In his words, he thinks they look “cool” and “army-like”. Personally, I do not like Velcro shoes, especially at his age, but he really wanted a pair that he could easily get on and off.
Once they arrived, he was so excited that he had to get them and go out to play army immediately. He said, “They make me look like a commando!” As you can see, he already has broken them in with a little dirt!
The Moabb B are leather and man-made uppers with durable outsoles and linings. They have hook-and-loop Velcro strap closure and are UmiTex water-resistant. The Moabb B is also available in stone and black color.