This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
What do you do with the toys your kids no longer play with?
It’s a dilemma all of us parents face at one time or another. The toy box is overflowing with stuff the kids haven’t played within weeks or months! But as soon as we go to remove the toy, there is a tantrum. I still play with that!! We have to pick out battles. So why not make it easier on ourselves and our kids. Instead of overwhelming them with a bunch of toys that will be quickly forgotten, why not rent a toy. Yes, I said rent. Give it a try? Roll it around for thought. Save you money – YEAH! Let the kids have a new toy! YEAH! See double YEAH!
Top 5 Reasons we parents should rent toys for the kids instead of buying!
- Saves you money. Who doesn’t like to save money? We all do! The average Pley member saves, are you ready for this? Over $800 a year. WOW!! The average family spends roughly $1,000 a year on toys for a child. Why not save some money and rent new toys?
- Over 400+ toys to pick from! WHAT?! That’s insane!! It’s like having the toy store at your fingertips, every kid’s dream. Your child grows, so shouldn’t the toys? Of course. They outgrow the tea set, the firetruck, ok, maybe NOT the firetruck. But so quickly toy fads come and go. They can still play with the latest and greatest, without breaking the bank and without fear of losing interest in the toy in a few days.
- Less mess at your house, because the toys don’t hang around taking up space! The toys are delivered to your door. Once the kids are done playing with them, back they go. No overflowing toy box stuffed with yet another outgrown toy! Just simply pack up the toys and back it goes. This makes me a happy mom!
- Teach your child the value of the toy. See Pley is a learning tool also. This will help teach your child about respect for toys. By taking care of the toy and returning it the way that they received it. Treating a toy responsibly and sending it off to another child to play with.
- Environmentally friendly. We are all about reduce, reuse, recycle. Right? What better way than renting a toy instead of buying it? Less environmental impact!!
Are you ready to give it a try? I know I am!! Check out Pley.com.
Written by Amy Garnet
UPDATE 2019: This company is no longer in business. Please visit these other Toy Subscription Services over at CrateJoy.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.