In this new adventure, THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT CHRISTMAS! the Cat in the Hat, Nick, and Sally take a journey around the world to help a lost reindeer find his way home to Freezeyourknees Snowland in time for Christmas. On the way, the Thinga-ma-jigger breaks down, and they depend on a variety of animals – from African bush elephants to bottlenose dolphins to red crabs – and their remarkable abilities to help them make an amazing journey home
There are several ways to enjoy what is sure to become a family favorite:
- The one-hour special premieres on PBS KIDS, in December (check local listings).
- In the new online game Freezeyourknees, Follow Me, Please!, Ralph the Reindeer is a long way from Freezeyourknees Valley. The Cat in the Hat is giving the lost reindeer a ride home when the Thinga-ma-jigger suddenly loses its power and makes an emergency landing. Only you can guide Ralph back to his family in time for Christmas – with help from some amazing animal friends! Freezeyourknees, Follow Me, Please! offers players three levels of gameplay, each level its own animal-themed “Follow Me” challenge. Grounded in an animal science curriculum, THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT CHRISTMAS! game will be available at PBSKIDS.org/catinthehat.
- NCircle Entertainment just released THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT CHRISTMAS! on DVD. My five year old really enjoys watching the Cat in The Hat Cartoon on TV. This DVD is a cut
Just Click on the Picture To Download A The Cat In The Hat Christmas Coloring Page
Random House Children’s Books Titles:
To extend the PBS KIDS Christmas special into a reading experience, in September 2012, Random House Children’s Books published a selection of accompanying titles in trade paperback, Golden Book, Step Into Reading and activity book formats. Featuring the same fun take on science that parents have come to appreciate in all THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT! episodes, children can now watch and read with the Cat in the Hat this holiday season!
A Reindeer’s First Christmas/New Friends for Christmas by Tish Rabe; illustrated by Joe Mathieu and Aristides Ruiz
- In A Reindeer’s First Christmas, narrator Ralph – a yearling caribou – tells how, with the help of the Cat in the Hat, Sally, Nick, and some new friends, he makes it home in time for Christmas and pulls Santa’s sled! In New Friends for Christmas, Sally and Nick learn that with a little help from family and friends – and a spare mini-Thinga-ma-jigger –it’s possible to accomplish almost anything!
A Very Crabby Christmas by Tish Rabe; illustrated by Dave Aikins
- The Cat in the Hat has just received a special invitation! He and Sally and Nick have been invited to Mervin the Crab’s Crab Christmas Ball on Christmas Island. But soon after the Thinga-ma-jigger lands on the island, chaos ensues when Crab Nine (aka Sandy) goes missing. Is Sandy lost or injured? Will the ball go on as planned?
Home For Christmas by Tish Rabe
- A Step Into Reading adaptation, Home for Christmas is written for children who are ready to read independently. From the Cat in the Hat’s Christmas Eve Party through his mishaps while attempting to return a young reindeer home in time to pull Santa’s sled, readers will be introduced to a herd of elephants with an uncanny ability to smell water, a pod of dolphins who can communicate across far distances, and a single-minded army of Christmas Island crabs – all of whom demonstrate how working together is the best way to solve a problem, and how home is the best place to be for the holidays!
- Get ready to ho, ho, ho, ho with Nick, Sally, and the Cat in the Hat! Based on the PBS KIDS show THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT! and the upcoming Christmas Special, this yuletide Doodle Book invites kids to color and also to create fun holiday images.
Walkin’ in a Sticker Wonderland!
- With 48 pages to color and an entire sheet of holographic stickers, Christmas has never been so colorful and bright!
Disclaimer: I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Cat In The Hat Review or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.