This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
This Spooky Halloween Cake comes from a friend who made this for a party she was having. Although I wasn’t invited (what was up with that, Lisa?) but I didn’t hold it against her, this is such a cute cake! According to Lisa, it is pretty easy breezy to put together…
1. I use a box cake…it’s OK, no one will know!
2. I used King Arthurs Chocolate Fudge Buttercream (though you can use your favorite brand)
3. I Use Milano Dark Chocolate Cookies from Pepperidge Farm for the tombstones. When you break them in half it sometimes would be uneven creating a “creepy look” since they were tilted.
4. For the names on the tombstone, I used toothpicks and black gel, it is a lot easier than it looks! I would dip the toothpick into the gel that I squeezed out onto a plate. The key is to not use a lot.. it dries darker than you think.
5. I put all the folks’ names on the cake that were going to be at the party then spiced it up with other Halloween words… RIP, DEAD, 1313. I put them in rows for easy cutting, most folks will cut right above the tombstones making cutting the cake squares easy!
6. I bought some knives from Wilton. The bones, eyes and skeleton arms come in a Wilton Skeleton Set but they are actually made for cupcakes. I actually split them up… then I added red gel for the blood!