Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women, except for skin cancers. About 1 in 8 (12%) women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. After increasing for more than 2 decades, female breast cancer incidence rates began decreasing in 2000, then dropped by about 7% from 2002 to 2003 (www.cancer.org). In an ongoing effort to help, Shock Doctor Sports will donate to National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. to provide continued breast cancer research, education and support, with pink protective products available in stores and online through October.
I received several products for my son from both Shock Doctor and Cutters Gloves: the Ultra2 STC Mouthguard and the X40 C-Tack Revolution Gloves. My ten year old has played football for four year now and each year he needs new equipment. My oldest son just started playing football this year so we do not have any “hand me down” football equipment. This year, pink is all he is wearing to practice and games. From pink cleats and socks, to his new mouthguard and gloves. But what is funny is that he will not wear pink any other time, go figure. With my mother being a 14 year survivor, I have had a talk with them about why pink is “in” especially during October and what it means to wear it.
- Cutters’ signature football glove features an exclusive C-TACK Revolution Performance Grip Material. The X40 provides the strongest, most consistent, most durable grip possible. My son plays offensive tackle and defensive end and he wears these all the time to practice and games. The backside of the glove is a white material that helps “grips” the ball.
- Advanced Gel-Fit custom molds to teeth for the ultimate tight, comfortable fit. The Shock Transfer Core directs impact away from point of contact. Aero-Cushion Anti-shock Pads create stronger, more comfortable jaw cushioning. Usually I purchase my son the cheaper mouth guards because he has a tendency to chew on them or loose them so we go though several in a season. But now that he has tried the thicker and a bit more expensive ($30) guard, I will be buying these from now on. He said that is is the best mouthguard he has had yet.
- Visit Shock Doctor on Facebook
- Visit Cutters Gloves on Facebook
- Tweet a pic of your pink gear with #pinkgridiron @ShockDoctor and @CuttersGloves
- For more information about the National Breast Cancer Foundation or the Pink Gear visit the complete line of pink protective gear.
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Shock Doctor or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.