I have not heard of SAS until recently. San Antonio Shoe Makers has 208 stores in the US and in 12 countries worldwide…how did I miss a shoe store?! Walking into the store, you feel like you stepped into another time period!
SAS offers old fashion service with a personalized fitting. Since the shoes are made in the USA, you really need to head to the store to be properly fitted. While I normally wear a size 8, I measured a size 7. I was glad I had the chance to be measured in the store because the size 8 was way too big and would not have provided me the proper support.
The SAS Advantage:
- They use the softest leather and quality materials
- Their shoes are designed with innovative Tripad® comfort cushions for the three pressure points of the foot: inside the ball, outside ball and the heel
- Flexible, lightweight sole provides maximum shock absorption, allowing for all-day wear
- Wide variety and sizes and widths to choose from to ensure correct fit
Take a step back in time at the SAS Store:
I was able to pick out a pair of shoes while at the store and I just loved the Orange Sanibel sandal, it is a nice and summery color. This just happened to be a Limited Edition color so I was glad they had my size! The other Limited Edition colors include Lemon, Bluebonnet, Kiwi, and Raspberry. They are available in eight everyday colors as well.
The Sanibel offers a broad contoured footbed that is covered in soft suede along with cushioned arch support. Because not all insteps are created equal, the buckle adjustment allows for customization of the fit; the buckle at the toe area is a special SAS feature that allows superior comfort.
I usually wear my shoes around the house for a while to ensure they fit properly and don’t bother my feet. Well, I took a risk and wore these out because they matched my outfit perfectly! Not expecting to be out all day, I ended up on my feet the whole day running errands, carting the kids around and then heading to baseball games. My feet did not hurt at all at any point in the day. These shoes cradled my foot and gave me the support I needed. They are indeed comfortable!
Me and my new SAS Sanibel Shoes – what do you think?
- While SAS shoes are not sold on their site, you can use the SAS store locator to find a location near you. If you happen to be in San Antonio, you can visit SAS Shoe Factory and General Store where tours are available.