This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I had not heard of the Room on the Broom before I received this book but we are glad to have received it. In the book, Room on the Broom, the witch and her cat fly happily over forests, rivers, and mountains on their broomstick until a stormy wind blows away the witch’s hat, bow, and wand. They are retrieved by a dog, a bird, and a frog, and each animal asks for a ride on the broom. They climb on, one after the next until the broom is so heavy that it snaps in two! What will happen next as they tumble into a bog and meet a greedy dragon? I don’t want to spoil the ending for you!
There’s room on the broom for everyone in this app for 3–7-year-olds, featuring a beautiful design based on Alex Scheffler’s original illustrations. Key characters from the book are featured and players get to help them fly, eat and explore their world.
The Room on the Broom Games app has eight interactive games for the kiddos to play all while practicing early learning skills such as counting, creativity, and literacy. My six year old has played this app quite a few times now and has kept him occupied. The games are easy enough that he figured them out on his own.
Room on the Broom App Features:
Kids can play with their favorite characters—Witch, Cat, Dog, Bird, Frog and Dragon in these magical games:
- Join the stars – Fly through the air and connect all the sparkly stars to find the right image!
- Find the hat – The Witch has lost her hat! Is it behind the tree? Help Dog find the hat in the woods.
- Windy day collecting game – It’s a windy day and Cat needs help collecting a few things, will you help? Be careful not to miss them!
- Find the bow – The Witch has lost her bow! Is it in the hay? Help Bird find the bow in the field.
- Find the wand – The Witch has lost her wand! Is it under the lily pad? Help Frog find the wand in the pond.
- Drawing with stars – Light up your imagination by creating pictures in the night sky. Place the numbered stars where you wish and watch the witch transform it into a dot-to-dot picture.
- Dragon loves fries – The Dragon is hungry and is planning to have fries for his dinner! Feed the dragon fries and avoid the other falling objects from the sky!
- Fly the magnificent broom – Whoosh! Join the gang on the magnificent broom and fly through the starry night sky. Take control and steer the broom to collect letters, which spell out a word!
- Make sure to check out for a special Halloween broadcast of this multiple award-winning animated movie in its first U.S. broadcast on 24-hour preschool network Sprout, airing on Oct 30, 31, Nov 29 and Dec 7.
- Check out The Room on the Broom website for some fun FREE activities including a “can you find” activity, help Witch through the maze to find her bow, coloring page, finger puppets and a word search. Plus you can click on the image to print out your own flying Room on the Broom Witch!
Get the App for iPhone and on Amazon for Android:
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Room on the Broom or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.