This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
When I was selected to host a LeapFrog “Learn, Create, Share” Party, I was so excited because I love LeapFrog. We have been using them now for years. My oldest received his first Leapster when he was 5 and now my 4-year-old is still using it eight years later!
I received free LeapFrog products in order to host this party. I received a LeapPad Explorer, LeapSchool Reading cartridge game, Tag Reading System, Tag Interactive World Map and Tag Learn to Read Series 1.
Tag Reading System
Now re-sized to better fit little hands, the Tag Reader holds audio for up to 10 titles at a time from LeapFrog’s library of 40+ books and games! Simply connect the Tag Reader to your computer with the included USB cable, download the audio for your Tag books and drag-and-drop up to 10 of your child’s favorite stories and games onto your Tag Reader.
Learn to Read Phonics Book Set 1: Short Vowels – The Tag Learn to Read Series combines fun stories with rich audio to help children identify letter sounds and hear how they come together to form words. This six-book set explores short vowels. Teaches short vowels, phonics skills, sight words, and rhyming. This set is great for my little one. He knows his alphabet and is starting to sound letters out in words when we talk. We love reading together every day and with this beginning-to-read book set, I think this will really help him to identify words. LeapFrog offers a lot of great books for the Tag as well. All the hot titles from Disney like Tangled, Cars, and Tinker Bell. They also have titles from Dora, Fancy Nancy, Spiderman, and Dr. Seuss.
Introducing LeapPad™ Explorer, the personalized learning tablet just for kids with:
• A library of 100+ cartridge games, apps, digital books, videos, and flashcards
(sold separately, also works with all Leapster Explorer™ games and apps).
• Includes a built-in camera & video recorder, 5″ touch screen for use with finger, or included stylus. It also includes 4 apps (Pet Pad, Story Studio, Art Studio, and one app of your choice).
• 2GB of memory, enabling it to host a robust suite of apps including; innovative book apps that provide a fully interactive, cinematic reading experience with word-by-word support and state-of-the-art gameplay; a Story Studio to combine art, audio, and writing; Art, Animation, and Photo studios to inspire imaginations.
• A broad curriculum including reading, mathematics, science, geography, art, music, language and culture, health, and more. Plus, skill levels automatically adjust the challenge to match each child’s pace and remember progress from game to game and book to book.
This is awesome! My son has not stopped playing with it, he literally uses it every day. I like that you can download games and have them right on the LeapPad. When you can put them right on the system it makes it so convenient. The LeapPad uses cartridges too, but they are thin and sit flush in the system. The games are great. They offer different story levels so as your child moves up so do the levels. I found my son blowing on the LeapPad. When I asked what he was doing, he said he was playing a game. Interactive activities like shaking or motion-based movement, let your child enjoy the games even more. You can customize the LeapPad too. You can change backgrounds, mathematics skills, spelling words, music, and even customize and take care of your own pet! He also likes using the built-in camera to create special effects with the Story Studio App. You can take up to 30,000 pictures and 120 minutes of video! The LeapPad is recommended for ages 4-9.
Tag Interactive World Map
- Teaches map skills, world geography, and world languages.
- Meet kid characters from around the world and learn how to say “hello” in their languages.
- More than ten interactive games bring fun characters and map facts to life.
- You can follow your child’s play and learning, progress on the LeapFrog® Learning Path.
- Play in LeapWorld™, a safe, online learning world with more games and rewards to expand the fun.
The Interactive World Map is a two-sided map that offers gameplay about the countries, has pictures of kids in various countries who will tell you about their country and you can also hear music from all over the world. This is a great way to introduce your child to the world! The only downside is that it is hard to fold up.
Stay Connected: Visit LeapFrog on Facebook
Disclosure: I was provided with a product for this review. LeapFrog sponsored this event through MommyParties with free LeapFrog products. All views and opinions with regard to the Leapfrog Video Review, products, or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.