This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Just released from Putumayo Kids, a collection of lullaby recordings called Latin Dreamland. My mom has been listening to Latin and Spanish music a lot lately. In her car, on the TV and she even tries to make me listen to it. I will say that it is not for me. So I gave her this CD to listen to and she really enjoyed it. You can listen to a sample of the songs: http://putumayokids.bandcamp.com/album/latin-dreamland
This collection of ten calming melodies from around Latin America will ease the journey into “la tierra de los sueños” (dreamland). “This has been the most-requested theme for the Dreamland series,” says Dan Storper, Founder, and CEO of Putumayo World Music, who has studied and traveled extensively in Latin America (the company is named for a river valley in Colombia). “Latin music is popular around the world for its upbeat, danceable melodies and our children’s release, Latin Playground, reflected those joyful sounds. With Latin Dreamland, we explore the beautiful melodies that Latin American mothers have long sung to help their babies fall asleep. It’s also fitting timing in that Putumayo World Music was born 20 years ago in April 1993 after I’d spent many years importing crafts and clothing from Latin America.”
Latin Dreamland also includes a 16–page colorful booklet of information about the artists and songs.
- 1. Silvia Schujer featuring Julieta Szewach and Mariano Agustín Fernández – Éste era un Conejo
- 2. Maruca – Canción de Cuna (Mexico)
- 3. Márcio Faraco – Noite De Lembrar (Brazil)
- 4. Reginaldo Frazatto, Jr. – A Jardineira (Brazil)
- 5. Amanda Martinez – Cucurrucucú Paloma (Canada/Mexico)
- 6. Los Incas – El Eco (Argentina/Venezuela)
- 7. Pamela Rodriguez – Cuñita de Hielo (Por Triste) (Peru)
- 8. Hèlio Ziskind – Sorriso De Jequitibá (Brazil)
- 9. Luis Salinas – Un Vals (Argentina)
- 10. Marta Gómez – Cielito Lindo (Colombia)
- Visit the Putumayo Website
I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Latin Dreamland or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.