Fall is almost here, well, it feels like it already is in Cincinnati. We have our windows open, and I have started wearing capris and sweaters! I love it, fall is my favorite season! This is really the only season that I love shopping for clothes, with the deep rich colors and cozy sweaters.
I was excited to be selected for this prAna clothing review as I have not worked with them before, but I had heard of them and I really liked the styles I had seen online. I was able to select a top and bottom from a list of pre-selected clothing. Knowing that cooler weather was heading my way, I opted for a top that could also be worn in the winter and bottoms that could be worn all year long.
prAna Fall 2017 Outfit
Penelope Pullover ($79)
As soon as this arrived, I knew it was going to be one of my new fall favorites! The fit was perfect and I love the cowl neck design with the little detail to cinch the fabric in place. It is made of organic cotton/polyester blend jersey knit. Meaning it is super soft! While I ordered the black, the color is more of a dark gray or faded black. It is not a true black.
This pullover is Fair Trade factory certified. Fair Trade standards ensure that garment workers have safe working conditions, a voice in the workplace, higher earnings, and that women are treated equally.
Available in Lacquered Rose, Winter, Gravel, and Black colors.
The Penelope Pullover up close view of the cowl neck design.
Deco Crop Yoga Pants ($79)
These capris are made from Chakara performance stretch jersey with Lycra. What is Chakara you say? Chakara is prAna’s most technical women’s fabric! It has great compression, form flattering shape retention and moisture management. I normally do not wear yoga pants but thought these would match with the pullover. Once they arrived, they were a bit busier than I would prefer to wear but I do like the crisscross detail on the bottom. They also have a wide waistband to help with the dreaded “roll” that often happens with yoga pants.
These pants are bluesign® certified, meaning the fabrics they use meet the highest environmental and human safety standards without the use of harsh chemicals.
Available in Charcoal Heather, Cobalt, Dragonfly, Black, and White Print colors.
The Deco Crop Yoga Pants with up close detail on the bottom leg.
prAna Fall 2017
What Makes prAna Clothing So Special?
- prAna uses materials by partnering with companies and factories that adhere to strict guidelines for safety and efficacy.
- Third-party certification organizations verify that organic producers use only methods and materials allowed in organic production. Meaning no toxic and persistent pesticides or synthetic fertilizers and no genetically engineered seeds.
- prAna is proud to be one of the first major clothing companies to offer Fair Trade Certified™ products. With each new season, they aim to offer as many Fair Trade Certified products as possible through partnerships with newly certified factories.
- 79% of products are shipped without the use of polybags.
- Throughout the year they partner with several local and international charities to help make a difference. They are continually finding ways to serve the community.
- While they cannot tell what tree the organic cotton came from, they can trace the life from the farm where the boll of fiber was grown, through processing and production, all the way to end product. Plus, they can also trace materials that don’t have certifications associated with them like wool, rayon, and viscose.
- They make sure to facilitate decent and humane working conditions and promote ethical business practices at third-party manufacturing facilities around the world, they have developed a Code of Conduct that must be met before entering into or continuing a business relationship with a particular supplier.
As you can see, prAna is more than just some pretty clothes! They go beyond just making clothes, they have taken the company to the next level in helping communities, the environment, and the workers around the world.
Let’s Chat: What do you think about prAna?
Stay Connected: #mod4prAna