This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
In October we can’t wait to pick up those miniature candy’s to pass out to the neighbor ghosts and goblins (or this year Angry Birds!) and some of us may even sneak a few in before hand to nibble on! This is just the start of all additional calories that we will begin to encounter over the Holiday Season.
But, here’s the nutritional candy facts on some of the favorites so you can make smart choices:
· Snickers– 1 bar has 15 grams of fat, 12 grams of sugar and 215 calories
· Milky Way-1 bar has 270 calories, 10 grams of fat and 35 grams of sugar
· Kit Kat big Kat– has 286 calories, 30 grams of sugar and 15 grams of total fat
· 3 Musketeers- 182 calories, 6.2 grams of fat and 27 grams of sugar
· Sour Patch Kids- Has 150 calories in one bag along with 0 grams of fat and 26 grams of sugar
· One cup of Skittles contains 830 calories, 9 grams of fat and 155 sugars
· Skor chocolate bar- has 209 calories, 13 grams of fat and 24 grams of sugar.
· Butterfingers –has 270 calories with 17 grams of fat and 30 grams of sugar
· Candy Corn- 19 pieces has 0 grams of fat, 33 grams of sugar and 150 calories
Thank you to SURGEX’s Celebrity nutritionist Carl Germano RD, CNS, CDN for this information!