I received some tips and thought I would share: Whether you are hosting a BBQ or just attending one here are some tips on “Surviving (and Enjoying) the Summertime BBQ Season While On Nutrisystem.”
- Bring your “BBQ-esque” Nutrisystem meal of choice like Nutrisystem’s Hamburgers, Chicken and Hot Dogs, they are great on the grill! That way you still feel part of the BBQ eating festivities while staying on program.
- Offer wheat rolls and buns – this way you give everyone a healthier option.
- Following the guidelines of your grocery guide – create a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables with various dressings on the side. That way everyone can choose what dressing is best for them, but the salad also allows you to get in your add-in additions while on program . To make a complete meal, top with some grilled chicken.
- Grill some vegetables on the BBQ – A fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved, make vegetable shish kabobs! Then all that is left to do is toss them on to the BBQ and it makes a great side dish (or condiment too!).
- Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories and typically is high in sugar and sodium.
- Make sure to have iced water on hand. Toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime and lemons) or even cucumbers too. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
- For dessert you can have your Nutrisystem Dessert with the group, but also have a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. The kids can even help out with making them.
Start Total: 178
Week 5 Total: 167
Weight Loss Total: 13
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem Website.