I received some tips and thought I would share: Whether you are hosting a BBQ or just attending one here are some tips on “Surviving (and Enjoying) the Summertime BBQ Season While On Nutrisystem.”
- Bring your “BBQ-esque” Nutrisystem meal of choices like Nutrisystem’s Hamburgers, Chicken and Hot Dogs, they are great on the grill! That way you still feel part of the BBQ eating festivities while staying on program.
- Offer wheat rolls and buns – this way you give everyone a healthier option.
- Following the guidelines of your grocery guide – create a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables with various dressings on the side. That way everyone can choose what dressing is best for them, but the salad also allows you to get in your add-in additions while on the program. To make a complete meal, top with some grilled chicken.
- Grill some vegetables on the BBQ – A fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved, make vegetable shish kabobs! Then all that is left to do is toss them on to the BBQ and it makes a great side dish (or condiment too!).
- Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories and typically is high in sugar and sodium.
- Make sure to have iced water on hand. Toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime, and lemons) or even cucumbers too. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
- For dessert, you can have your Nutrisystem Dessert with the group, but also have a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. The kids can even help out with making them.
Start Total: 178
Week 5 Total: 167
Weight Loss Total: 13
This past week on the Nutrisystem Diet, I decided to mix it up a bit. For example, instead of having the black beans and rice, salad and veggies, I put the lettuce and black beans in a wrap along with ranch dressing. Now the wrap added 130 calories but I just cut those calories elsewhere. It was very good and this way it mixes it up for me a bit. If you have been following along the Nutrisystem food, for me, it is really starting to wear on me. I have been using the FREE Nutrisystem App on my iPhone, religiously. I love it because it tracks how many calories I have had with each meal so I am always aware of my caloric intake. Plus I am reading the package labels to actually see serving sizes vs. calories. I really want to start learning how to eat when I am off of this system. And this past week, I feel I have made great improvements in doing just that. You can also read about the past 5 weeks that I have had, what a typical day is like and see my Vlog. Here is to a better next week!