This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I weigh myself every few days to make sure I’m headed in the right direction. Well, when I weighed myself last week, it said 111 pounds. I thought there was no way, so I did it again, and still 111. I thought, “It’s a Christmas Miracle!!” Then, I re-calibrated the scale, and sure enough, it was back to normal. What a letdown. I kid you not; I’m still at the same flipping weight I was weeks ago! I am glad I can maintain the same weight and not gain, but I can seem to break the threshold. I think this calls for drastic measures….exercising!
A couple of great things are happening at Nutrisystem in the new year:
- There will be 2 new pantry breakfast items and 2 new pantry desserts — a chocolate frosted donut, honey wheat bagel, peanut chewy bar (think peanut chew – but healthy and delicious!) & mini chocolate chip cookies.
- Janet Jackson will be the iconic new face of the Nutrisystem brand!
- Nutrisystem and Ms. Jackson are also announcing the creation of NutriBank (www.nutribank.org), an innovative new philanthropic effort dedicated to nutrition and solving hunger worldwide.
- There are also several New Foods from the The Chef’s Table™ Collection:
- Throughout the past year, Nutrisystem has assembled and worked with a culinary council of industry-leading chefs from around the United States to advise Nutrisystem in developing great tasting menus. With the upcoming diet season, the Nutrisystem Celebrity Chef Culinary Council will announce Nutrisystem’s tastiest dinner collection to date, Chef’s Table. Featuring seven frozen dinners using new microwaveable steamer bag technology, entrees include Citrus Barbeque Glazed Pork, Steak Tagliata, and Moroccan Inspired Chicken.
The members of the Nutrisystem Celebrity Chef Culinary Council include:
- ~Tony Mantuano, chef/partner of the only four-star Italian restaurant in Chicago, Spiaggia; a James Beard Foundation winner for Best Chef of the Midwest and a finalist on Top Chef Masters Season 2.
- ~Michael Solomonov, owner of Philadelphia’s award-winning restaurant Zahav, 2011 James Beard Foundation winner and contender on Food Network’s hit series,“Iron Chef America.”
- ~Kent Rathbun, owner of award-winning Texas restaurants including: Abacus, Jasper’s, Shinsei, Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen and KB’s Woodfire Grill; thrived in the national scene as a winner on Food Network’s hit series, “Iron Chef America.”
- ~Mark Estee, owner of newly opened CAMPO in Reno; also known for his dedication to local products and his acclaimed restaurants in Nevada and California.
- ~Carmen Gonzalez, known in the culinary world for over 20 years as a talented and award-winning chef, as well as for fusing Puerto Rican influences with modern American cuisine; most recently a finalist on Top Chef Masters Season 2 and soon to have her own Spanish-language TV show released in two different networks, the US Hispanic targeted Canal Ella to be launched in February 2012 and cable channel Casa Club TV.
I received three of the newest Chef’s Table Frozen Foods to try. They come in a steam bag you plop into the microwave to cook. All three meals looked delicious, but if you have read my past posts on my food reviews, you might have noticed that they only had a handful of foods I liked. Don’t let the box fool you because they are cooked in the bag; when you pour the food out, it is all mixed. It is okay, but it doesn’t look like the package.
Chef’s Table™ Citrus Barbeque Glazed Pork: Created by acclaimed celebrity chef Kent Rathbun. Tender pork slices in a spicy citrus chipotle sauce, accompanied by a sweet mango salsa and charred corn. This tasted good, but it was very spicy. I loved the combination of the mangos and corn.
Chef’s Table™ Whole Wheat Ricotta Crepes: Culinary connoisseur Chef Tony Mantuano brings these ricotta cheese-filled crepes to you. They are served in a fire–roasted tomato sauce with basil-infused olive oil and mozzarella cheese. The frozen pasta was my favorite of all the foods, and this did not disappoint. I love the idea of having ravioli in a crepe form. The sauce was a bit sweet, though, but I enjoyed it.
Chef’s Table™ Moroccan Inspired Chicken: This Moroccan-inspired delicacy is from renowned Chef Michael Solomonov. The chicken comes spiced in an almond sauce with chickpeas complemented by spinach and cinnamon couscous sides. This smelled delicious while it was cooking. I couldn’t wait to eat. While it did taste good, it was bland. I just kept thinking, how can something that smells so good taste so bland? I didn’t know what it needed, either. I didn’t want to salt it or cover it with a BBQ sauce. I was at a loss, so I ate it like it was with a small salad. I would get it again, though!
You can read about the past 30 weeks as a Nutrisystem Blogger that I have had, what a typical day is like, and see my latest vlogs to see the progress that I have made.
At Nutrisystem, they are having Special Introductory Pricing and FREE Chef’s Table Entrees!
Start Total: 178
Goal Weight: 140
Week 29 Total: 153.2
Week 32 Total: 153.2
Weekly Weight Loss: 0 Pounds
Weight Loss Total: – 24.8 Pounds!
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting The Nutrisystem Website.
Disclosure: I was provided with product as part of the Nutrisystem Blogger Program. All views and opinions with regard to the products or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.