This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
What exactly is TuneLink Home?
- The TuneLink Bluetooth audio interface for home audio is the first complete solution that provides a wireless audio link AND a media remote control interface between your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your home entertainment or sound system.
I was able to plug the TuneLink Home into my computer via the included USB instead of plugging it into the wall as the cord wouldn’t reach the TV I was testing out. To get started you need to pair the device to Bluetooth on your phone. Once connected, a pop-up will ask if you would like to download the TuneLinkHome app, a free app.
After the app has been downloaded, you need to click on “My Remotes” to set up each device like TV, Projectors, VCR, CD, Home Theater System, etc. This sets them up to act as the remote on your apple device. There are 17 different component options including a custom button with 80,000 IR pre-programmed remote codes. This step was pretty easy, you just need to know the brand of the component.
I first started with my TV to get connected. First, find your brand of TV on the available list, then you can give that device a custom name if you want. You then select your theme or style of what you would like your remote to look like. There are several different “skin” style options to choose from. I choose Gray Matter, just a solid gray background (see third picture above).
In hope that I set it up correctly, I tested it by pressing the power button and sure enough, I was able to control the TV through my phone. Yea! I was able to set up my DVD and Bose Sound System as well. But how do I get the music to stream? This I couldn’t figure out and this is where it got frustrating. After trying different ports on the TV, I was able to get the music streaming from my phone to listen to on my TV!
Some of the benefits of using the TuneLink Home
- Use a dock or speaker outside to listen to your favorite tunes
- Having your phone act like all the remotes (no more missing remote controls)
- TuneLink Home includes a State-of-the-Art TOSLINK digital fiber-optic audio port that provides the ultimate high fidelity connection to your sound system
- Best-of-Class Bluetooth technology keeps the music playing, without any physical connection to your device
- TuneLink Home will play audio from ANY app on your device to your audio system up to 100 feet away
- With share mode: you can keep your TuneLink private or allow it to be shared in one of three modes including TUNELINK SHARE where tunes are successively played from each paired player
- Works with Apple iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad (iOS 4.1 or Higher)
New Potato Tech has just come out with Classic Match Foosball…for your iPad! Classic foosball has been brought into the future with New Potato’s Classic Match Foosball for iPad accessory. Make sure to check it out!
I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to TuneLink Home or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.