- Whether it’s underestimating portion sizes, not having time for regular activity breaks or to plan and cook meals, despite our best intentions, balanced living can be a challenge. That’s why the HERSHEY CENTER FOR HEALTH & NUTRITION has launched MODERATION NATION to help people access practical tips, tools and resources for achieving energy balance (nutrition and physical activity).
For on-the-go needs, the new Moderation Nation iPhone app, which is free, will reward you for the activity you’re already doing, while encouraging you to do even more in a way that suits your busy lifestyle. With an easy-to-read tracker and a comprehensive list of activities to choose from, you can earn badges for your progress and go from a Starting Gun to a Healthy Hero!
This site offers great meal planning ideas based on your family lifestyle: single, family with and with out kids. It also shows portion distortion, they show you, in pictures, what the actual size of what 3 oz. of meat should look like or that 1/2 cup of noodles should be about. Moderation Nation also states the moderation is the key, and dietitians agree that up to 100 calories of chocolate can be consumed daily! Great news for me!
The Moderation Nation Web Site provides a host of new tools for you:
- Recipes and Expert Tips. Here you’ll find advice from Cheryl Forberg, registered dietitian (RD) for NBC’s The Biggest Loser, award-winning chef and New York Times best-selling cookbook author
- Additional recipes and tips from Regina Ragone, Food Director at Family Circle magazine; Keri Glassman, author of the O2 diet; and Liz Ward, author of Expect the Best Pregnancy.
- Moderation Menus. Seven-day meal plans – with snack ideas – that will help you plan out your week. Each menu is based on an individual lifestyle, such as Single, Adults with Kids and Adults with No Kids.
- Balance the Meal. This cool balancer tool allows you to input your main dish and its preparation method; in return, you’ll receive ideas for complementary side dishes that round out the meal smartly.
- Useful Facts. Here you’ll find everything from a “portion distortion” guide – providing cues on what actual portion sizes should look like – to a grocery shopping fact sheet – to a guide on how to start and maintain a food journal.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED – WINNER #24 CATHY – I SENT YOU AN EMAIL!
Hershey’s and My Blog Spark is Giving 1 Winner A Moderation Nation Prize Pack (Moderation Nation t-shirt, Hershey’s chocolate and a nutrition journal)
To Enter: Visit Moderation Nation Then Leave Me a Comment on What You Will Benefit from The Most
Thank You My Blog Spark and Hershey’s for this great giveaway!
Extra Entries: These are to be completed only after initial entry. All entrants that do not do the initial entry will be disqualified. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry.
– Follow CintiCoupons on Twitter
– Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting the tweet below and leaving me the link. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day!
WIN a Moderation Nation Prize Pack @CintiCoupons – http://bit.ly/ayf3Wi #giveaway
– If you like Cincinnati Coupons on Facebook, Leave a comment
– If you like Moderation Nation on Facebook and leave this comment on their wall ” I just entered to win a Moderation Nation Prize Pack at Cincinnaticoupons.net” http://bit.ly/ayf3Wi
– Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog. Come back and leave the link to your blog post
– Subscribe to Cincinnati Coupons by RSS Feed or FREE Email Subscription. You’re sure to become addicted to saving money with these daily updates!
– Grab my button and put up on your blog. Please leave an address where it can be found.
– Join My Blog Frog
This giveaway is open to US Residents until 9:00 pm Eastern on 10/19/2010. The winner will be chosen using the random.org generator. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email before a new winner is selected. Good luck and don’t forget to leave your email if it is not on your profile. I will contact the winner via email.
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this review from Hershey’s through MyBlog Spark. All views and opinions with regard to the products or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.