LYSOL is introducing the concept of Healthing – a new idea centered on keeping families as healthy as possible, by looking beyond just cleaning and ensuring that the proper steps are taken to stay well.
Having three boys it is sometimes hard to make sure they do what they need to do, like wash their hands every time or using a tissue instead of sneezing all over the place. I was interested in learning more about Lysol’s newest healthy families initiative, Lysol Healthing. There you can download a Healthing Handbook that talks about the idea behind being clean and being healthy and how Lysol can help with both. You can also take the Healthing Quiz to find out if you are doing everything in your power to help keep your family protected and healthy. I took it and I’m Healthing! You can also checkout all the Lysol products and how the movement is spreading throughout communities.
Instead of just Spring Cleaning, practice Spring Healthing! This new season should be more about adopting a healthier overall lifestyle instead of just merely cleaning out your closet. It’s not just about having a clean home, but a healthy home. I have been using the Lysol Neutra Air that automatically neutralizes odors in the air for about a year now. Not only does it take away odor but it leaves the rooms smelling fresh. We also use the Lysol wipes, we actually have them in all the bathrooms for when the boys ummm…have less than perfect aim! I have also been using the No-Touch Lysol Stainless Soap dispenser in the kitchen, I had to do a review on it about two years ago and have been using it since. I did just see that Lysol came out with a foaming soap, which the kids love, especially my five-year-old. For some reason, he seems to wash more with foam! I bet the wild berry smells great.
LYSOL Healthing Tips
- Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you – take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing are certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
- Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies. Remember to dust around wall art, photography and woodwork. Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL
- Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
- Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Taking part in LYSOL’s Healthing Initiative is easy:
- Website: http://www.lysol.com/healthing
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Lysol
- Guidebook NO LONGER AVAILABLE:
What extra steps do you take to keep your family healthy?
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.