This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Shelby’s Snack Shack is a cute and simple game for ages 4 and up due to the small bones. The inside of the box lid acts as the beach where all the bones are kept. I like the colors and the design of the packaging, it reminds me of a vintage board game. The directions are simple to follow, my six year old and I have been playing this the last few nights. While it is designed for kids to practice early counting and number skills, it has been a fun distraction before dinner. The object of the game is to collect as many bones as you can to win. You use the little pug picker upper, or Shelby Squeezer to collect the bones and deposit them into your dog bowl.
How to play, the instructions are quite simple:
- 1. Spin the spinner to determine your play. There are four icons (Bone, Seagull, Hungry Pug and Busy Pug)
- 2. Spin the second spinner to find out how many bones you win or lose, if you land on a bone.
- 3. Use the Shelby squeezer to pick up the bones and put them in your bowl.
- 4. Land on a Seagull and you will have to put bones back. Land on the Hungry Pub and you will have to steal bones from another player. And if you land on Busy Pug, you loose a turn.
- 5. Collect the most bones in your bowl and you win!
Includes colorful game board, 1 Shelby Squeezer, 40 Bones, 4 Bowls, 1 Double game spinner, and game guide. For 2–4 players.
- – Visit Educational Insights Website
Disclaimer: The Review Wire is not responsible for shipment of prize. I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Shelby’s Snack Game or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.