This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I took my son to see Dreamworks HOME when it was out in the theaters. From the moment he saw the TV commercials he thought Oh (the purple alien who changes colors) was funny and adorable. My son went around waving his arms, saying, “My hands are in the air like I just do not care”, just like Oh did. I, on the other hand, was fully aware of Jim Parsons (a.k.a Sheldon Cooper) annoying voice and wasn’t sure about sitting through an entire movie!
There are several themes throughout the movie… it’s OK to be different, stand out, and what HOME really means. There were some funny scenes throughout, plus the voice wasn’t as annoying as I thought it would be. My son enjoyed it, though, and has since watched it at home a few times.
A brief overview of the movie… Oh is a lovable misfit from another planet (he is from the alien species Boov) who lands on Earth and finds himself on the run from his own people, he forms an unlikely friendship with an adventurous girl named Gratuity Tucci or Tip for short who is on a quest of her own to find her mother after the Boov’s took all the humans except her and her cat. Through a series of comic adventures with Tip, Oh comes to understand that being different and making mistakes is all part of being human, and together they discover the true meaning of the word HOME.
The HOME Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD feature a Boov-tastic party of never-before-seen bonus features that will persuade the entire family to get their groove on, including “Oh’s Boovy Jukebox” of top tracks, “Oh’s Shake Your Boov Thing,” a toe-tapping, music video mash-up, hilarious deleted scenes, character-drawing tutorials and more!
DreamWorks Animation’s HOME Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital HD include:
- • Best Party Ever! – A Boov-tastic introduction, featuring a HOME montage and voiceover from Oh, inviting you to enjoy all the out-of-this-world extras!
- • Party Play All – A Boov bonus meter fills up as you watch the fun-packed special features, leading up to an explosion of color and bubbles!
- • Oh’s Shake Your Boov Thing – Get up and dance with this exciting mash-up of feature footage and music that combines to create an exciting HOME dance video!
- • “Feel the Light” by Jennifer Lopez – Music Video – Move and groove to the Boov beat watching Jennifer Lopez’s hit music video from the HOME soundtrack!
- • “Feel the Light” by Jennifer Lopez – Lyric Video – Watch Jennifer Lopez’s hit music video with colorful on-screen lyrics to help you sing along!
- • Oh’s Boovy Jukebox – Oh’s interactive jukebox includes 16 songs and will take you directly to all the magical music moments in HOME!
- • Oh’s Party Planning Tips – Oh’s top tip’s for party planning let you create an impressive Boov bash of your own!
- • This is Being Boov – Get to know all about the Boov in this humorous, handy guide showcasing the characteristics of this unique alien species!
- • Almost Home – See the trials and tribulations of the Boov on their journey across the galaxy, before they discovered Earth! • Testing Lab – See how the Boov tested out some uniquely human items in their super-secret Boov testing lab.
- • Deleted Scenes – The hilarious HOME adventure continues with 25 minutes of deleted scenes you couldn’t see in theaters!
- • Be an Artist – Animator Andy Erekson introduces you to the HOME character drawing tutorials!
- You can find HOME on Amazon