This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
If you have a little boy in your house, then I am sure that they have seen the commercial for Captain America, Iron Man, The Black Widow, and the rest of the superheroes walking down the street to the song Walk This Way. Every time my seven-year-old has seen that commercial the past few months, he just stops what he is doing and stares at the TV….then it is quickly followed by, “Mom, we HAVE to get that!”.
I was lucky enough to receive all the Super Heroes for the Xbox 360! This makes our first venture in the Infinity world. To me, it seemed overwhelming; with all the figures, power discs, and sets, I was hoping that at least one of my kids had played some version of the game before. Nope! So we were all in this together, learning from the beginning. To be honest, there is so much to this game that it would be hard to try to explain it all. So I would like to just give you the basics, what you need to know and how the game works overall.
Let’s start with the Disney Infinity Starter Pack, and this is what’s included:
DISNEY INFINITY (2.0 EDITION) VIDEO GAME DISC
- The Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) Video Game Software Disc is needed to use all of the Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) Figures, Play Sets, Power Discs, and Toy Box Game Discs.
- Includes 3 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Figures to use in the game: Thor, Iron Man, and Black Widow. Use included Web Codes to unlock your Disney Infinity Character Figures digitally on your PC or iOS device.
MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS PLAYSET & TOYBOX GAMES
- Power up with the Earth’s mightiest heroes and stop Loki’s cold-hearted plans to freeze New York City – and the world! Also included are 2 Toy Box Game Discs that unlock replayable adventures in the Toy Box! Includes “Escape from the Kyln” and “Assault on Asgard.
DISNEY INFINITY BASE
- The Disney Infinity Base connects to your console via a USB port. Simply place your Disney Infinity Figures, Play Set pieces, and Power Discs on the Base to unlock content in the game.
These next sets are extra playsets that can be purchased separately:
Marvel The Avengers Play Set
- Captain America
- Green Goblin
- Nick Fury
- Iron Fist
- Rocket Raccoon
Once you have the character you would like to play as, you then have several different options for play mode:
- Gameplay: Play as the character in gameplay mode, which is set in iconic Marvel locations
- Toy Box Mode: Create your own world, build your own games and share your one-of-a-kind level and mini-games.
- Toy Box Games: Some of the characters come with pyramid-shaped discs that offer specific Marvel-themed games to the Toy Box. Each disc comes with pre-built games. You are able to mix your unlocked toys, weapons, or characters to play.
Power Discs: These power discs are to give each character a better play performance. For example, costume discs give the character an enchanted costume and gameplay experience. There are 10 Coins available in each of the 3 Play Sets. These coins unlock the ability for characters to cross over between playsets.
Now that you have all the details of the game pieces, you are ready to play! As a side note, make sure you take note as to which pieces from Disney Infinity Version 1 crosses over to Version 2. Disney Infinity 2.0 is also available for PS3/4, Xbox One, Wii U, Windows 8, PC, and iPad.
- Disney Infinity 2.0 can be found at local retailers or on Disney Infinity Starter Pack.