This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links; I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Guess what…I’m a Coppertone Water Mom! I was lucky to have been chosen as a 2012 Coppertone Water Mom. I received a special package that included some great products to get us ready for summer. Our pool just opened last week, so the sunscreen really came in handy.
Sun Care Tips: Smart Sunscreen Use
- Get a head start on the sun.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don’t skimp on sunscreen.
- Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as directed.
- Cover all the bases.
- It’s easy to overlook spots like the ears, neck, and shoulders, but they need sunscreen too. Remember to grab a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and to seek shade when the sun is most intense.
- Follow the numbers.
- SPF tells you the level of protection a sunscreen provides from sunburn. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher whenever you’ll be outdoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply.
- Apply another coat of sunscreen as needed, at least every 2 hours- and be sure to reapply after swimming, sweating, vigorous activity or toweling off.
- Select water resistant sunscreens that can keep up with kids.
- Use water resistant sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher, and look for products that are quick and easy to apply to squirmy kids. (Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.)
- For more sun care tips, please visit Coppertone.com
Coppertone Wet ‘n Clear Kids Sunscreen has an SPF of 45+. It sprays on clear and won’t whiten skin and visibly cuts though water to adhere to skin.
Coppertone Water Babies Foaming Sunscreen has an SPF 75+. It offers UVA/UVB protection and water resistant up to 80 minutes.
Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple Sunscreen is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand and is tear free, won’t sting or irritate eyes. The best is that it is fragrance free. We have been using these 2 oz. for all the kids. We have some in the baseball bags, cars and my purse. And it has an SPF 50. My son eczema had when he was a baby so I have had to use a hypoallergenic and ultra-gentle formula, like Water Babies.
I received enough samples to share with both of my sons baseball teams. I bagged the 2 oz. Pure & Simple samples along with coupons and sun safety tips up to hand out.
Buy It: Coppertone is available on Amazon
Disclosure: As a member of the Coppertone® Water MOMS group, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.