This post may contain affiliate links. The Review Wire may collect a share of sales if you decide to shop from them. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Cheesey Lasagna featuring Red Gold and New Creative Media. My views and opinions with regard to Red Gold or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.
I received a package from Red Gold Foods that contained 2 cans of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano and 1 can of Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes and was asked to whip up a cheesy lasagna recipe. I only had two problems: 1 – No one in my family likes diced tomatoes and 2 – I have never made lasagna before. So you can see I had a problem.
So this momma had to be creative! After I poured out the tomatoes, the smell overwhelmed me. It was going delicious, my mouth was watering. I decided to mash up the tomatoes into less recognizable pieces so the kids wouldn’t see chunks of tomatoes. I loved that the spices were all in the tomatoes, so I didn’t need to worry about adding any more to the recipe.
I mixed one can of Red Gold Tomato Sauce and two cans of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes to the browned ground beef. You can also use turkey, Italian sausage or a combo of meats. I let this simmer for about 45 minutes.
While that was simmering, I started the cheese mixture. I grated fresh parmesan-reggiano and I also used mozzarella with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. When it melts, it makes it so creamy and tastes so good. I only use that kind when making pizza too.
Once the sauce mixture was ready, I assembled the lasagna. I started the bottom layer with half a can of just Red Gold Tomato Sauce. Then I added the noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarella shredded cheese then the meat sauce mixture. I had had enough for 3 layers. I topped with just the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
An hour and 15 minutes later…
I will tell you what, I am so proud of myself! It turned out perfect, so cheesy and meaty. The kids didn’t even know there were semi-chuck tomatoes in the lasagna either…this momma did good!
- 1 Package No Boil Lasagna
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (Italian sausage, turkey, pork, veil or a combo)
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 – 8 oz. Bags Shredded Mozzarella (with Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 1/2 Shredded Parmesan Reggiano (freshly grated if possible)
- 2 Cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano
- 2 Cans Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Beat Eggs and in the same bowl mix together ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella – set aside
- Brown ground beef
- Mix in 2 cans of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes and 1 can of Red Gold Sauce
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Take the last can of tomato sauce and pour about half into baking dish (enough to coat the bottom)
- Then start layering: noodles, cheese mixture, sprinkle more mozzarella cheese then use your prepared meat sauce and start layering again. I was able to get three layers from the meat sauce. Once you are finished layering, top with the rest of the tomato sauce and sprinkle any leftover mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 40 minutes. Then take off foil and bake for an additional 20 or until bubbly.
- IMPORTANT: Let stand at least 15 minutes before digging in.