For the first time in the brand’s history, Eggland’s Best will display the Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s running ribbon logo (along with a pink version of their iconic “EB” stamp) on all egg varieties during the autumn of 2010. Sales from EB’s “pink ribbon” eggs, totaling $50,000, will support Komen for the Cure in its promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
Additionally, Eggland’s Best eggs just got better with additional improvements to its already nutritionally superior egg while keeping the same great taste with 4 times more vitamin D and 3 times more Omega 3’s than ordinary eggs. Additionally, they contain 25 percent less saturated fat and 19 percent less cholesterol than regular eggs.
Get Eggland’s Best Coupons on Facebook
When you like Eggland’s Best on Facebook you can get two 50 cent coupons for any variety of Eggland’s Best eggs. (Plus if your store doubles you can get $1 off) Here’s how to get your coupons:
- Become An Eggland’s Best Fan by “Liking” Eggland’s Best.
- Get Your Coupon – complete your address details. It takes about four weeks to get your coupons to you via snail mail
- The offer is valid from 9/22/10 to 10/15/10 or until supplies last. Limit one entry per Facebook account.
I love pumpkin bread! When I found this recipe on the Eggland’s Best site, I knew I had to try it. It was so good. I didn’t tell the kids it had pumpkin in it. They all tried it and like it. Leave me a comment on a recipe you have tried from their site.
Heart Healthy Pumpkin Bread
Moist and tasty, this pumpkin bread is perfect for breakfast, snack, dessert or anytime you need a sweet and healthy treat.
- 7 1/2 oz. canned pumpkin
- 2 large Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, water, and sugar.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. When dry ingredients are evenly mixed, mix into the wet ingredients while stirring.
- Stir only until no more dry ingredients can be seen, but take care not to over mix. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake until a knife in the center comes out barely wettened, or about 50 minutes.
- Let sit in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove.