Exercising at your desk, while you work. Sounds like an interesting concept, doesn’t it? Well, it is an interesting & doable concept thanks to Break Pal, Fitness at your desk. People everywhere are talking about how it is bad for your health to sit for more than an hour at a time, so Break Pal has come up with a unique way to break the cycle of inactivity. Break Pal users can be successful at getting healthy. Small changes can really add up! Break Pal works across different devices so you can use it as you like. You can use it on your computer, iPhone, or iPad, and soon it will be available on your Android device. When you use Break Pal on your computer, you will want to choose the web based timer. The timer will remind you to take a break and direct you to a great exercise of your choice.
This is an application that has a lot of potential, and is still in its infancy. It is ideal for data entry clerks, bloggers or anyone that spends a lot of hours in front of their computer. As you are working away on your computer, a “reminder” pops up on your desktop and lets you know that it is time to take a break and move! You then scroll through the exercises listed, choose one, then click play. All you have to do now is follow along with the exercise. When it is over, you continue on with your work. Most exercises are 2-4 mins long. In addition to the exercises, the app offers the ability to join the Break Pal community. The community can be a great motivator and can really be the influence you need to achieve success in your goals.
Although this app is a good idea it could use some tweaking, which is why the company wanted this review. Here are a few of my suggestions on things I would like to see with an update to the program :
1. Add a few “invisible” exercises (i.e. kegels, butt crunches, breathing techniques, etc) so that if you share office space with others, they aren’t disrupted by your exercising.
2. Display run time next to the exercises prior to clicking on the exercise. This would help the user manage their time more effectively.
3. Add more time intervals. 30 mins doesn’t seem like enough time between sets. (Got to keep the boss at bay!)
4. Have the ability to sync the iPhone application with the web based program with charted progress.
This app is no longer available
The app is no longer available. This is only available as a website version. Get the details at Break Pal Membership.
- Visit the Break Pal Website
I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Break Pal or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.