Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Seventh Generation. I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating
I have teamed up with Seventh Generation to help spread awareness about the importance of chemical reform in the United States. Seventh Generation has worked for 25 years towards creating a healthy home by delivering plant derived products using bio-based ingredients. Did you know that scientists have linked exposure to toxic chemicals to many health risks, such as Cancer, Alzheimer’s, learning disabilities, asthma, birth defects, and various reproductive problems. With all the products you use every day, and all the toxins and chemicals that my kids are around on a daily basis, I am a firm believer that these chemicals need to be removed from all the products, some you might not even think of like baby wipes or tampons.
Why Do We Need To Address Chemical Reform?
- •More than 80,000 chemicals available in the United States have never been fully tested for their toxic effects on our health and environment.
- •Scientists have linked exposure to toxic chemicals to many health risks, such as Cancer, Alzheimer’s, learning disabilities, asthma, birth defects, and various reproductive problems.
- •The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was passed in 1976, and unlike other major environmental laws, has never been updated. As it currently stands, tens of thousands of potentially harmful chemicals continue to be used in the marketplace since the 1970’s without proper testing and without disclosure by the companies that produce them.
- •For additional information to learn more visit the Natural Resources Defense Council website.
What Can You Do You To Spread Awareness And Get Involved?
- •You can become a Toxin Freedom Fighter by signing Seventh Generation’s petition to urge Congress to reevaluate the Toxic Substances Control Act for the first time since 1976. I signed it…why don’t you?
- •Make sure that parents and the general public are aware that of the 80,000 synthetic chemicals introduced into the market since the Toxic Substances Control Act was passed in 1976, the EPA has required testing on less than 10%.
- •Help Seventh Generation reach its goal of collecting 100,000 Signatures by April 24th by signing the petition for chemical reform and urging your friends and family to do the same!
Join the #FightToxins Twitter Party on Thursday, April 10th from 2:00 – 3:00 PM ET to chat about tips and tricks for living a healthy, green lifestyle as well as the importance of using products with as few chemicals as possible.