I received quite a few bags of Hershey’s candy and thought, I really need to come up with some kind of awesome recipe for all of these. And that I did…and that I did! I wanted to try something different instead of the same old peanut butter cookies with kisses on top or just eating them straight from the bag, that was so tempting! So I searched around and found a recipe for a Kit Kat Cookie Bar but I didn’t have all the ingredients so I had to make modifications. I was leery at first, not knowing if the cookie bar would taste very good, but boy oh boy did I hit the jackpot! I am using this base recipe from now on! Instead of Kit Kat bars you could use the York Peppermint patties…that would be cool and refreshing. Or use the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, less mess since they are already the size you need.
Kit Kat Cookie Bar Recipe
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons margarine (I used butter), melty and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup of Kit Kat bar pieces (chopped or broken into pieces) I use 8 Fun Sized Bars
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with a non stick spray with flour.
- In medium bowl whisk flour, salt and baking soda.
- In another medium bowl combine melted butter and sugars. Add the egg, egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. Stir in Kit Kat pieces and chocolate chips (if wanted).
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan (I use an Iron Skillet) and bake for 25-30 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Allow to cool but make sure to taste test while still warm...that's the best!
Are you looking for some bewitching party ideas for that classroom party or Halloween event approaching soon? Make sure to check out Celebrate With Hershey’s, they have all the holidays not just Halloween. From costumes and crafts to party ideas and videos. You will never be at a loss for SPOOKtacular ideas!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post working in conjunction with Global Influence and product provided by Hershey’s. All views and opinions with regard to Hershey’s or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.